band-check

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Lee Spellcast

W:O:A Metalhead
15 Jan. 2002
Website besuchen
Heres my take on the bands playing, hope it entertains you!

ALABAMA THUNDERPUSSY = I thought this was a cult metal festival? Why the fuck do non metal bands like this appear on the billing
AMON AMARTH = melodic viking death metal, ok, but you wont shit your pants with excitement!
ANGEL DUST = great band, great musicianship, power metal without the gay factor.
ANGRA = good technical power metal from Brazil, one of the few progressive bands I actually like.
AVALANCH = Nobody congratulated Holger on booking this band did they???
BLIND GUARDIAN= The German version of Queen, but in comparison the songs are obviously second rate!!
BLITZKRIEG= Classic nwobhm, good for those into that sort of thing...
BORKNAGAR= Should play some great viking metal mixed with their latest below par releases!!
BRUCE DICKINSON= Would he be headlining Wacken if he hadnt rejoined Iron Maiden?? I think not, but good all the same, even if is solo material is a bit wimpy!!
CANDLEMASS= classic doom 15 years ago, doing an Iron Maiden in attempt to be big again!
CANNIBAL CORPSE= Another band who only plays because they sell a lot of albums. Boring, and they cant even play the only half decent stuff that was on their earlier albums...
CHILDREN OF BODOM= so cheesy they make you sick, power metal with fag-gothic vocals!!
CRIMINAL= from Chile, but with ex Cradle of Filth members to boost the teeny appeal, are actually quite good death metal with some black and thrash influences!
DEBRIS INC. = Stoner Rock + time to go home!
DESTRUCTION= fucking great thrash, stunning live in 1999 at Wacken, but two ok albums means the set wont be a good as that time!
DIMPLE MINDS= Stupid name for a band, musically its time to get the earmuffs out!
DOMINE= Good progressive power metal, will watch if it is convenient.
DORNENREICH= austrian blackdeath metal band who turned gay and romantic gothic on us, they are absolutely terrible live too!!
DORO= blondie of metal, ok
DRAGONLORD= probably good, if you like bands that jump on the money making bandwagon!
DREAM EVIL= power metal, should keep the fans happy
DYING FETUS= grindcore USA chaos, for those not seeking intelligent music!!
EDGUY= german-singalong power metal, nice
EISREGEN= avantegarde german extreme metal, good in places, extremely annoying in others, do they bear any grudges perhaps??
EVERGREY= swedish progmetal, good, though the singer is über-dramatic
EXODUS= US thrash, good to see.
FALCONER= good melodic viking power metal, but a second rate Mythotyn perhaps?
FLESHCRAWL = A good German death metal band, not in the boring American style!
GREEN CARNATION= norwegian doom, should be good to see!HAGGARD= great medieval metal, a must see!
HEATHEN= anoter old thrash band reforms for the occasion!
HEAVENLY= as gay as the name suggests!
HOLLENTHON= great ochestral black metal, worth seeing
HYPOCRISY= The masters from Sweden, should be interesting to see what songs they play live!
IMMORTAL= Should be great, but play some old stuff for fuck sake and stop acting like rock stars!
IN EXTREMO= medieval metal, always a good band to watch!
IRON SAVIOR= more middle of the line german power metal
J.B.O= another joke band, whats so good about these guys playing Wacken, they arent even metal!
JUSTICE= ?
KALMAH= like COB but faster and more evil! Help mummy, I'm reeeaaally scared!!
KREATOR= will they play thrash or gothic metal, or does it depend on what sells more records???
LOCK UP= Napalm Death members (who play at Wacken every year) Forget it, I certainly will!
MACABRE = brutal death metal with some funny songs ahhh...
MEGAHERZ= like Rammstein, look forward to seeing them!
METALUCIFER= chainsaw metal, louder than hell!
MEZARKABUL = turkish... dont know much about them!
MOB RULES= good prog power, wait and see!
MY DYING BRIDE= good doom metal, will check them out!
MÖRK GRYNING= great black metal from Sweden, one of the highlights!
NECROPHOBIC= good evil death metal, see what they are like!
NIGHTMARE= Why the fuck are they playing again, only about 100 people watched them last time..
NOCTURNAL RITES= good cheesy power metal from Sweden!
NUCLEAR ASSAULT= yawn!!
ONKEL TOM = Give us a break, thats seven times in the last eight years OT has played, and they muic is absolutely terrible!
PRETTY MAIDS= danish glam metal
PRIMORDIAL= great Irish pagan metal, great live, but the guys are asshole for singing pr IRA songs at Wacken last year.
PUNGENT STENCH= austrian death, another band on the comeback trail
REBELLION= .,.,.,.,
RED AIM = Non metal, forget it!!
ROSE TATTOO= AC/DC rip off, and AC/Dc were shit enough!! And have you ever heard the wedding song from Aussie soap neighbours????
ROTTWEILLER= woof, woof, I'm a dog!!!
SABBAT= Great old school black metal!! The legends!! A must!!
SAVATAGE= good progressive metal, should be good live!
SHAKRA= Another dodgy "non-metal" AOR band
SINERGY= An even gayer version of Children of Bodom with Kimberly Goss's terrible vocals, but its who you know not how good you are that gets you anywhere in the music industry right??
STORMWARRIOR= sounds like another cliched german power metal band!
STORMWITCH= not again!
SUIDAKRA= folk black metal, looking forward to them!
THUNDERSTONE= more classy power metal from nuclear blast!!!
TORFROCK= another joke band, a good metal band could have played instead.
U.D.O. = Accept were terrible but to see a 50+ yo UDO sing the songs is even worse, more embarrising than your grampa singing a song at your wedding.
UNLEASHED= great in the early days, but Jonny vocals are meant to be terrible live since the joined the reforming bands club!
VANDEN PLAS= good progressive metal!
VICIOUS RUMORS= precious tumors?
VISION DIVINE= Christian Metal, wouldnt Narnia be better?
VOMITORY= good swedish death
WARLORD= reunion show?? with the Hammerfall singer, is that a joke or something??
WITHERING SURFACE= good danish band, mixing gothic metal with melodic death, should be ok to see!
WIZARD= more true than the totally true manowar types.
WOLF= As a well known band from Sweden once said "This band brings shame to the Swedish metal scene" Yes folks, it is that bad!

So there you go, thats my opinion, only four weeks to go, and still no running order (I guess they havent been as well organised this year)

Lee

Lord Horb

25 Nov. 2001
Letmathe-Sauerland (NRW)
you can compare NECROPHBOIC to DISSECTION... they're almost as good and their styles are more or less similar!

and CANDLEMASS is a really awesome doom band! I saw them yesterday at the Bang Your Head Fest and they RULED!!!

Sodomy&Lust

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
Originally posted by Lee Spellcast
Heres my take on the bands playing, hope it entertains you!

[...]
DRAGONLORD= probably good, if you like bands that jump on the money making bandwagon!
[...]

One more friendly critic: I don't think Eric Peterson has done this only to earn money. That guy is a fucking genius and he probably had to let music flow from him while Chuck Billy (Testament singer) overcame his throat cancer.

I like Dragonlord but I'm an ignorant of black-metal, so probably they made a bad album if we compare it with any cult black metal band.

And Kreator will make the best thrash metal perform ever!!!

CU!!

grazo

3 März 2002
USA
Website besuchen
Thank you for the information.
I'll be there to watch them. I hope the voice of the singer is not like the AD/DC singer because I don't like his voice even that I like the music.

Metalsulm

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Mai 2002
Südwesten
Website besuchen
You can´t call the Tatts Glam They´re Aussies

They don´t have to Do Anything with your American Bullshit like Mötley Crüe or Guns and Posers aaaaarrrgghzhh

This is really Rock And Roll....not Business

Take one Look and Die!!!!!

Lee Spellcast

15 Jan. 2002
Website besuchen
@ necrohammer

No, I am not misinformed, if you didnt know, members of Primordial and Cruachan were in attendance at last years festival, and they were singing "rebel IRA" songs in the festival site...

...of course not many people will understand the problem with these songs, but a friend of mine from Belgoium soon shut them up by going up to them and started to shout UVF until they sat in silence.

Lee.