Avenged Sevenfold?! ARE THEY SERIOUS?!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

cyber999

W:O:A Metalmaster
20 Apr. 2007
The Azores - Portugal
i mean i dont agree with some bookings but keep it open minded and respect the other(the people that like those bands!) when i leave this island i want to see pure fucking metal bands, bands that i love but hey thats me!, i respect all core/non metal bands or whatever they called even if i dont care about those sub genres!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
You're generalising! :(

Didn't you know yet that the metal scene is one of the most openminded of them all!? I guess not.

At least, you may call yourself metal, but you are so narrowminded as the most conservative politician in the UK/US!

Bah! :mad:

En nu stop ik er mee, ik maak me hier nog kwaad zo 's morgens vroeg. Ik heb wel wat beters te doen.

i mean i dont agree with some bookings but keep it open minded and respect the other(the people that like those bands!) when i leave this island i want to see pure fucking metal bands, bands that i love but hey thats me!, i respect all core/non metal bands or whatever they called even if i dont care those sub genres!

exactly!
personally, i think if there are any real posers, it's those that go around calling people that don't agree with their taste in music posers.

MikeD

8 Aug. 2007
Israhell
www.facebook.com
So much whining... that's funny.

First, it's quite logical that they were added as the openers for Iron Maiden, like in the previous dates of their European tour.
Secondly, you may say that's not "true" metal and shit. Ok. Still some people might like them, who also come to Wacken to see Carcass, Obituary and Maiden! And if you don't, more spare time for you...

808Metal

30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii
As I have stated, I do not care for this band. However, they are on the billing and that will not change no matter what we say. A petition will not change that, not unless it has at least say 30,000 signatures, and that won't happen. The good thing is that there are always two bands playing at a time, except for on Thursday. I am sure there are other things that the non AS fans can do while they play. And I am sure there will be fans of theirs at WOA. Let's just hope that the remaining additions, however many that may be will be more to "our" liking. I am still very much looking forward to seeing a large number of bands that are on the billing so far, so it will still be an amazing event. For me, out of around 60 bands so far, there are about 6 bands that I DO NOT want to see, 10% is not bad at all. I suggest we stop complaining and just look forward to an awesome experience. See ya there \m/

Kate McGee

13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com

cyber999

20 Apr. 2007
The Azores - Portugal
I understand why some metal heads are complaining about this band (and others) of course i do! we all love metal, we have this thing running in our blood, we need this to live! and nobody wants to see our passion (because thats what metal is) turned in a bussiness or a fucking trend (i hate fashion!). Trends for me are posers generators!.

But you have to face reality! for the media in general, its all about money! its all about record sales! they dont care about anything else!, its that simple!. And maybe thats why many great bands are now touring with bands that sells alot!. For example Iron Maiden is touring with Avenged Sevenfold, and Annihilator is touring with Trivium. Its very very confusing to me to see a veteran band like Annihilator opening to a bunch of "kids" that only play a few years!!. But Hey, Trivium SELLS ALOT! Trivium gets lots of covers in megazines, and Annihilator doest!.

I know that wacken metal heads are very loyal to "true metal", but man we cant do anything about metal commercialization, metal is being very explored nowadays. its not only wacken, its everywhere!

Lets face our sad reality, life is a bitch and then we die!

Cheers metalheads! \m/

ps: sorry about my english, i guess its not very good, but i think i made myself clear..

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Mü_Exotic

7 Aug. 2006
Just ignore the commercial bands, pretend that they arent there on the billing! that they´re not going to play and have fun!

yeah, let´s ignore EVERY band thats selling cd´s, shirts and stuff like that. :)
cause THAT´s a piece of business and so commercial. so, let´s burn all that stuff and listen to the real underground bands without the will to sell something. :)