apparently, Swedes do it better

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

MetalCommando

W:O:A Metalhead
8 Juli 2003
England
www.forfuckssakes.net
mugabe schrieb:
They do, from time to time, and are the only way to do it. Otherwise we'll just have the "screw the people, the U.N., and the world" policy of the aforementioned states.

Most of the advancements in history have been achieved by fighting. negotiating only works if there is good faith in both parts.

In teh case of women's rights and women's exploitation, peple even get upset when they are menioned, so how can one even start the negotiations??

From my POV, I see this as a perfect example of the thinking of someone from the privileged part of humanity... and it is sad.

How do you even begin to approach this problem, wen it is seen as being a lot less important than a football game??

mugabe

7 Aug. 2002
Avesta, Sweden
www.kurtz.se
Football and trafficking are different areas, and you can't say that one is "more important" than the other. If they were comparable, you should cut the funding to all culture, sports, etc, and instead spend it on healthcare. After all, people's lives are what matter, right?

I do recognise that there is a huge problem with the exploitation of people, though. That's the nature of capitalism.

MetalCommando

8 Juli 2003
England
www.forfuckssakes.net
mugabe schrieb:
Football and trafficking are different areas, and you can't say that one is "more important" than the other. quote]

actually, that is where the problem is. Also spelled as privilege. I can say that performance football and the enjoyment of its fans is a lot less important than even one person's human rights.

I do recognise that there is a huge problem with the exploitation of people, though. That's the nature of capitalism.

Hmmm... I was talking about the exploitation of women in particular

MetalCommando

8 Juli 2003
England
www.forfuckssakes.net
I see this as a matter of entitlement "let us have our fun and we might look at your problems later on".

I don't know anyone who died from lack of football. I don't know anybody who ot AIDS or other STDs from lack of football.

I don't know anybody who will get beaten from lack of football.

However, I know that all those women whose plight is not important enough for some people, not as important as their scared football, will suffer a lot during the world cup. Some of them will die, some will be attacked and beaten and maybe even killed by the so called football fans.

Prostitution is just another name for rape. A john only outsources the violence factor when using a prostitute, he gets to rape her but not to exert the violence. That is outsourced to the pimp.

And putting culture and football in the same context??? It makes me doubt your good faith

MetalCommando

8 Juli 2003
England
www.forfuckssakes.net
Huldran schrieb:
However... I guess, this dispute is rather pointless - our views are just too different, if not polar (and your previous post, concerning Wacken and the Iraq war, finally convinced me of that)

That might be the case. As asked before, are you implying that your enjoyment ( Wavken) is more important than someone else's suffering??

Huldran schrieb:
...once again, I firmly believe, that banning / prohibiting / outlawing / censoring / you-name-it things is NOT a way to solve problems, no matter how noble the cause may be.

And how do you propose it is solved then? the only model that seems to give some results insofar is the Swedish model.

Zombi

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
Hmm I don't see Steel And Fire refusing any involvement with wacken due to the prostitution situation in germany.

Zuletzt bearbeitet: