ANyone from USA going to Wacken 2003?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

monochrom

W:O:A Metalmaster
15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
I'd be happy to have you at my place - it is quite big (and quite posh) and you'd be more than welcome. I also don't mind the puke as long as it doesn't get out of hands and you clean it up yourselves...

I'll be following your plans and if I can help at any stage I'll jump in. That last part of the sentence wasn't english again, was it?

Carpathian_Wolf

21 Juli 2002
Leeds UK
www.power-metal.co.uk
Originally posted by Warthog
Went last year, going next year if it kills me! I'll make a point to fly Old Glory by my tent next year, so we'll have to meet up. Gonna be a fuckin' incredible fest (aren't they all?) for sure!

Hog we also have to meet..ill keep a lookout for the stars and stripes flag and also i think ill be flying my own countrys flag the union jack! :D so keep a lookout my friend ;)

:D

konstrukt

W:O:A Metalhead
13 Dez. 2002
USA
Would it be better to camp out there or come and go every day?

How are the facilities there? showers, toilets, theft?

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
@Cannon: Good idea! In the great tradition of American tourists, lets make our pushy, imperialistic presence known! :D

@konstrukt: If you want to maximize your sleep time and not have to deal with traffic or catching busses, camping is the way to go!

I didn't try the showers, but I've heard they're usually cold. Toilets? You find a tree and help it grow, lol! But theft is almost NEVER a problem, I understand.

Basically...if you want creature comforts, hotel. If you wanna party all night and have the true Wacken experience, camp!

LooseCannon

3 Aug. 2002
Baltimore,Maryland USA
Website besuchen
Originally posted by monochrom
I'd be happy to have you at my place - it is quite big (and quite posh) and you'd be more than welcome. I also don't mind the puke as long as it doesn't get out of hands and you clean it up yourselves...

I'll be following your plans and if I can help at any stage I'll jump in. That last part of the sentence wasn't english again, was it?

Does this include Warthog & myself(I have a female friend coming with me)?

monochrom

15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
Originally posted by LooseCannon
Does this include Warthog & myself(I have a female friend coming with me)?

Of course. As I said, the place is quite big - I don't have a bed for everyone, so I'll just provide ample space on the floor. BUT you have a place where you can meet, take a bath, get sth to eat and your first german beers. Also I know how to get to Wacken by train, I have got an emergency car and generally know my way around.

There might be one small problem - I'm doing this little translation project (Take a look at the "Helping foreigners on german metal festivals"-thread) and it could be that I've to do a liitle organizing in the week before the festival.

But I'll stay in touch with you - good to know a place in a foreign country.

karlsquell

4 Dez. 2002
norden/ ostfriesland
theseventhseal.de.vu
Originally posted by konstrukt
Would it be better to camp out there or come and go every day?

How are the facilities there? showers, toilets, theft?

hey, taking a shower is not haevy-metal.... *smile* off course there are showers, but cold-water only. and there are some (i dont know the english name, but we call it) dixie-toilets all over the area. you know these kinda toilets you can find at building sites and stuff. they will be cleaned every day... and about theft: i never heard about thieves @ wacken. so you can camp on the campung site. thousands of people do the same...
bad english i guess, but i hope that i could answere your questions...

SheisTheDark

15 Juni 2002
Germany
Website besuchen
Us English folk call Dixi's "Port-o-Potties"! tee hee. Its so cute. But no, hes right. Wacken is very accomodating to its guests! They have tons of toilets...that are at a cheaper rate, it was a Mark..now its 50 cents with the Euro. They are generally clean...however in some spots the lines are mad long. I love camping and no, taking a shower isnt very metal ...but I tell ya man..when you're a chick and you gotta take a piss cause youve been drinkin...it works out pretty nice....damn boys. So lucky. Anyhoo..I can also say that there are no real cases of theft. Ive known people who leave their cars open some nights and have no problems. So dont sweat it! Wacken is a fun place!!!!! Aight ?!

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Portapotties, portajohns, portalets, sanijohns, shit boxes, outhouses, Grampa Simpson's Elevator...those things have lots of names, lol.

@mono: thanks for the kind offer! I'll let you know how things play out! Obviously, it's a little early to make detailed plans. :D