Any other Americans here?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Morpheus

27 Nov. 2001
Website besuchen
Are there any other Americans here? I live in California and I'm contemplating going to Wacken next August for the first time. We don't have any shows even remotely like this here.

Morpheus

27 Nov. 2001
Website besuchen
Well, I know people in the States who are going -- I mean it was my friend who originally got the idea that we should quit talking about going and actually just go for once. We've been talking about going for years. I know a few people who plan to attend...I'm just one of the maybes. It depends on my financial situation at the time.

What part of California are you in? I'm in the Los Angeles area.

I'm in Sacramento. The reason I'm looking for others that might be going, is because I don't know anyone that's going, and I just though maybe I could get in touch with people that were so that I wouldn't be doing this on my own. I have the latter half of my trip planned out; I'm going to visit some extended family in Germany and eastern France, and might be doing some shopping in Antwerp. I just have to get the Wacken part figured out.

smooth

W:O:A Metalhead
29 Nov. 2001
CA
Website besuchen
Hey there - I always thought I was the only one in California surfing this site... I am German, but have never been to Wacken. Worse, I only learnt about Wacken once I came to the States... Shame on me! :)
I am here in Orange County, but hopefully my roomies and I will go to Wacken next summer (decision maker "finances" as usual)...

Morpheus

27 Nov. 2001
Website besuchen
That's why I posted here -- to see if there were any other Americans (or Californians) around on this site. It didn't really make sense to post in the old forum when everyone was talking in German... at least since this is the English forum I can read all of the replies. :)

I've known about Wacken for several years, but never really had the opportunity to go before. I'm hoping that changes next year, since I'd really like to see the best metal festival in the world.

Since you're in Southern California, take a look at http://www.moshking.com, run by a friend of mine, to find a bunch of cool metal shows in this area. I wouldn't know about half the local metal shows I go to if it wasn't for that site.

smooth

29 Nov. 2001
CA
Website besuchen
@Morpheus: Thanks for the moshking link! I am living only two miles away from the Galaxy Theater, so we get a lot of these shows here...

Morpheus

27 Nov. 2001
Website besuchen
I'm in the San Gabriel Valley, but I have friends from all over -- Orange County, Hollywood area, San Fernando Valley, etc. So I go to shows wherever they're happening...

Morpheus

27 Nov. 2001
Website besuchen
It's not QUITE that easy. If I'm going all the way to Europe for the first time, I want to make sure I'm able to play tourist while I'm there! So it's going to cost more than if I were just going to Wacken. With any luck the euro will drop against the dollar so I'll have more spending cash.

Morpheus

27 Nov. 2001
Website besuchen
Originally posted by Balrog
Oh, alright..I was just asking because I´ve been in Santa Barbara and L.A. three years ago ( I had a bad sun burn...damn it)

I love Santa Barbara. I wish I could live there. Heh I'd have a sunburn if I was staying there too. It's about a 2 hour drive from me.

smooth

29 Nov. 2001
CA
Website besuchen
:) Santa Barbara is beautiful! I live in Orange County, but try to make it up there once in a while!!! The sunburns I can cope with, happens a lot around here, too... ;)
I'll try to get my American room mates to go to Wacken next summer - hey, with me being German they even would have their private tour guide!!!