Americans in Wacken

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

szandekh

16 Apr. 2002
Dacula, GA, USA
www.geocities.com
A friend and I are making our way from Atlanta, GA, to come see Wacken. We are both 17 and we will be on our own, and we are wondering if there are many Americans attending the festival this year. I have been to Germany twice in the last year and I speak German well, but my friend doesn't and he is afraid no one will be speaking English. Are there many Americans there, usually? Also, where can two 17 year-olds get decent room and board in the area of the festival? We are plannig this by ourselves and don't know shit as far as hotels and food and all that shit goes. Any suggestions/advice for a couple of 17 year-old metalheads who don't have a fucking clue what they're doing? We have tickets, we have a way to get to Itzehoe, but we are clueless as of what to do to get to the festival, where to stay, all of that. Please help us out..

Szandekh

xpet

W:O:A Metalhead
25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
@Szandekh
I guess all of your questions have been answered many times here at the board - so just browse through the topics here and you´ll get your answers... ;)
There have been also some Americans asking questions who obviously are going to Wacken, too. But usually there are not that many Americans at the festival (I guess I never talked to one in the five times I´ve been there) - as far as I know anyway. But don´t worry - it will be great fun for all of us and there are enough people speaking English. :)

And of course Lvsitanno is right!

Lord Horb

25 Nov. 2001
Letmathe-Sauerland (NRW)
yep, Lvsitanno is definitely right! hotels are for pussies :D

I met an American friend of mine in Wacken 2000, and last year my girlfriend (who is from the US) went there with me... and she's going this year again!

and xpet is right about everything she said, too... wow smart people in here ;) :D :D :D ;)

irnmdn

8 Feb. 2002
California
Website besuchen
American Metalheads in Germany

Hey there!
My friend and I are going to Wacken from California.
We're still waiting on our tickets though :(

I sure wish Metaltix would get it together and offer REAL online ticket purchase with a VISA.

I will probably be adorning some symbol of my US origin upon my person througout the event, afterall not all Americans are musically inept. Then again my Mother is from Greiz Germany =)

Feel free to contact me if you would like to meet up or something!

KillerRiffs

3 März 2002
Connecticut, USA
www.geomancer.cjb.net
hey, my friend and I from CT (USA) are going to Wacken, too.
So don't feel weird!
Where and how did you get your tickets???!!
I've had so much trouble getting ours!!!
i think i ordered them okay from Argon events, but they said they will send them to me in July, but the problem is i'm leaving for Europe July 4th!!
any ideas or tips??
email me- thickerpf@yahoo.com
later.
pat

Brat

26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
Re: American Metalheads in Germany

Originally posted by irnmdn
Hey there!
My friend and I are going to Wacken from California.
We're still waiting on our tickets though :(

I sure wish Metaltix would get it together and offer REAL online ticket purchase with a VISA.

I've been getting the same reply from them for over 2 months "it will be up in 1 week/2 week/next month"

I've given up hope and order my tickets through Nuclear Blast. One of my friends has already received his ticket from NB.

29 Jan. 2002
Eindhoven (NL)
Website besuchen
As said, bring a tent and stay at the festival camping. You are really damn stupid if you dont.
You could even do it without a tent. There will always be some people that have a place in their tent for you (bringing some beer might help you finding a place)

traveling from itzehoe to wacken: I guess if it is visible that you are a metal fan going to wacken, you can hitch hike and some other metal fans will bring you to the festival.
You can also take the bus from itsehoe to wacken i guess. Once you are in the wacken village, you are there, the rest you can walk, and finding the festival will be uber easy since the metal fans are all around the festival and village, so you can just ask around.

About your friend that doesn't speak english, no problem, at the festival most people do speak english, outside the festival+village, it might be a bit harder, as most of the older germans do not.

Don't bring more food and drinks than you need to got to wacken village. there you can buy as much as you want for normal prizes in the supermarket.

Sodomy&Lust

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
Originally posted by living for WOA
There will always be some people that have a place in their tent for you (bringing some beer might help you finding a place)

Cool!! I was thinking of buying a tent, but I think it will be cheaper to buy ten six-packs :D

Thanks!!