@all you people from abroad...

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Iscariot

W:O:A Metalhead
9 Jan. 2002
Apeldoorn- Netherlands
surf.to
Maybe that is true because I live in the Netherlands:D
Every country looks big compared with my country but I said it because the scandinavian countries are quite big and long and also not so crowded like here. I think most people llive in the big cities and there is much space between it. But you're right...mountains, also one think we don't know and have :)

Nanostorm

30 Juni 2002
Trondheim, Norway
Website besuchen
view on germany!

well, i should maybe hold this to myself, but since you ask.. there are some problems with older germans speaking really shitty english, and not even wanting to try to understand you if you speak to them. In wacken it's great though.

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
I've only been to Germany once before, stayed in Aachen but visited Köln and Düsseldorf as well.
The only problem I had were that my knowledge of the German language sucks and that a lot of the people I tried to speak with knew no or very little English.

When it comes to speed limits, as long as you don't get caught you can drive very fast in Sweden as well :D

One more thing though that my friend warned me about, according to him the police was very picky about crossing the streets by foot when it was not a "green light", said you could get fined like 40 DEM or so, that seem to suck.

But hey, I guess I won't be crossing that many roads in Wacken eh? ;)

And the beer is great, no question about that...
One just have to be careful not to buy the ones that are alcohol free, what a strange thing to invent, alcohol free beer???

Fallen_Knight

22 Mai 2002
Leider Schweden
Actually I can understand the older people.....

the other languages are forgotten when english comes.. and I agree with them...
English are taking too mch space.

When I go to Germany, I want to speak german, when I go to France, I want to speak french and spain spanish and so on...

So it it quite understood.

Tey don't have D-marks any longer :p
but hey, dp you cross a road when cars are driving really fast?
Yes, if you are a suicider

/Fallen_Knight, der gefallene Ritter, den fallne riddaren :D :D :D

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
No, they don't use DEM anymore, they did when I was there.

And I was speaking of crossing the road when no cars are in sight, but when you still were not allowed to dross...

Fallen_Knight

22 Mai 2002
Leider Schweden
Oh.. they are tougher in Germnay, we in sweden just cross it when no cars come... even when red-light.. , right?
:D

it is stupid to wait 5 minutes to cros a 5 metre road and no cars come...

/Fallen_Knight

xpet

25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
/me always crosses roads when there is the red light and I´ve never been caught... :D

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
My point exactly, why wait when you can cross and not even be in the way when you do?

But as I was told, that might not be such a good idea in Germany.

Like that in the states as well, at least in some cities, sucks to get a fine because you cross the road.

xpet

25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
oh, I wouldn´t take that too seriously. As long as you don´t see a policeman around and there are no moms with children standing around (which will be bitching about you for sure :D ), just cross the street whenever you want!

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
You mean we're not allowed to be bad examples for the children? ;)

As I don't understand that much german anyways, I won't understand what they're bitching about though :)

More a problem with the fines, don't like to pay for breaking a law that I feel is stupid anyhow :D

xpet

25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
yeah, exactly, don´t be a bad example! ;)
and as I said - when there are no cops in sight, you won´t have to pay for anything! :)

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
That's quite true, if the cops aren't around, you don't have to pay.

I guess that's way I get to keep my driving license as well ;)

But they cheat sometimes and put up cameras, bastards...

Anyways, plan to get drunk and listen to music at Wacken, not to be running around in the streets, so I think I'll be fine :)