Accommodation for W:O:A 2015

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Babylonne

18 Sep. 2014
Victoria, Australia
Hello,
I am from Australia and I am going to W:O:A 2015. I'm looking for somewhere to stay (all the places I've looked at are booked out). Can anyone help me out?
Babylonne

Babylonne

18 Sep. 2014
Victoria, Australia
I'm not going to have a sleeping bag or tent with me, so can I hire them? Also, how safe is the camping ground? I'll have my passport and other vital can't-get-home-without-it things with me, and I really don't want to lose anything.

Zombi

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
I'm not going to have a sleeping bag or tent with me, so can I hire them? Also, how safe is the camping ground? I'll have my passport and other vital can't-get-home-without-it things with me, and I really don't want to lose anything.

well you can't really hire them, but it's pretty easy to find a cheap, usable one to buy on the way and leave at the campground if you really can't take it back. campground as i've experienced is pretty safe but there are lockers as well that you can hire.

Darkfang

W:O:A Metalhead

You can rent about anything with Ready to Rock. I rent a tent with them this year and they are at a great location.

http://www.ready-to-rock.de/

Alix

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
Hello,
I am from Australia and I am going to W:O:A 2015. I'm looking for somewhere to stay (all the places I've looked at are booked out). Can anyone help me out?
Babylonne

Any particular reason you feel you need a hotel? If this counts towards anything, I've found sleeping on the grounds of Wacken gave me the best night's sleep ever. I would wake up in the morning and not a single joint in my body hurt or made a noise (I wish I could say the same for other festivals).

I personally think it's a lot safer and more fun to camp anyway, especially if you plan on drinking a lot (you probably will when you see how cheap supermarket booze is over there). I've had nothing but good experiences at German festivals when I've found myself in trouble: complete strangers asking if I'm OK, carrying me to the dunny, helping me find my tent, tucking me into bed, making sure I'm having fun and not alone, making me comfortable while I pass out, cheering/applauding when I wake up, etc. :p

I've never had trouble with anything getting lost or stolen, but I'm vigilant and grade my belongings according to how much I can afford to lose them. Money belt for spare keys/credit cards/passport, zipped/buttoned pockets for phone/wallet/keys/electronic devices (I sleep with them there), pad locks on my bags, and getting acquainted with neighbours.

Wacken crowds are generally pretty awesome though. As an example, I went to visit Cologne this year before Wacken and on the way down, I saw at one station there were at least 5-10 police personnel and a police dog (some with riot gear) at each train door of a train full of soccer fans. Itzehoe had two police officers on the entire platform (we were made up of 100% Wacken attendees) when our train pulled up. I was kind of jealous of the police officers having a nice time watching bands in the tent stages :p