A Sports Thread

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Metal _Knight

W:O:A Metalhead
21 Feb. 2003
Trondheim, Norway
Website besuchen
I really like this Norwegian "sport" called rævkrok, directly translated it would be "ræv" - ass, "krok".....you figure it out;)

It is actually a type of wrestling, only to be played if seriously drunk and pissed off... They really should replace the Wacken football tournament with rævkrok, its MUCH more Metal....

Zarborg

Originally posted by LooseCannon
I'm sitting waving my Canadian Flag & drinking my fave Canadian beer cheering on the Calgary Flames to beat the Tampa Bay Lightning in the Stanley Cup Finals(hockey).

I watched game 3 of the playoffs tonight & all I have to say is GO FLAMES GO(VIVA LA CANADA)(That'll make Zarborg have a warm fuzzy inside)!

Yeah! GO FLAMES GO, GO FLAMES GO. The cup will be back in Canada Monday...

Eledhon

28 Jan. 2002
Tampere, Finland
Originally posted by DISGORGE
Any other martial arts fans?

One over here. I'm doing mainly kung fu, and shoot-fighting at the moment, but I'm cross training a few others too.

If you want to watch really good fights get vids of burmese boxing from somewhere (there was a site...) those guys go beyond brutal.

Lordwalter

23 Apr. 2002
Buenos Aires, ARGENTINA
www.metal-daze.com
Hello!!

Well, as you might know I´m from Argentina. And I assure you there is no Argentine person (male) that does not love soccer. Or fútbol, as we call that sport.

I also used to play volleyball in my childhood and I love to run and run, so that i was at the Athletics team in my school too. I did not try the marathon yet, but I already participate in a half marathon (21 km.) and I was really good!! hehehehe

See you!

MrHellRaiser

1 März 2004
Holon, Israel
Website besuchen
Originally posted by Eledhon
One over here. I'm doing mainly kung fu, and shoot-fighting at the moment, but I'm cross training a few others too.

If you want to watch really good fights get vids of burmese boxing from somewhere (there was a site...) those guys go beyond brutal.

maybe you know the full name of that thing ? it sounds like a must-see...

Eledhon

28 Jan. 2002
Tampere, Finland
Originally posted by MrHellRaiser
maybe you know the full name of that thing ? it sounds like a must-see...

It is mainly just called Burmese Boxing in western countries, but where it is born people call it Lethwei.

After a few hours of searching I finally found the site I was talking about again.

check it out:
(I had some problems with the codecs first, but downloading the newest versions solved most of the probs.)

http://www.thaing.net/lethwei.htm