Norway or Sweden?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Ava_Adore

13 Aug. 2007
niedersachsen
I would like to spend a year abroad after having finished school (next year) but I don't really know where to go.
I have already been to both Norway and Sweden but unfortunately I am not able to make a decision, that's the reason why I want you to tell me about the experiences you've made in these countries.:)

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
I've lived in Sweden most my life, I've been to Norway for a two day ski trip.

Can tell you tons of info regarding SWeden, not much about Norway.

Mindfucked

W:O:A Metalhead
17 Aug. 2007
Stockholm, Sweden
Depends if you would like a ghetto with high rate of unemployment or a rich area where everyone would hate you...

Or maybe a mix between them.

This is regarding sweden i don't know anything about norway, exept that they produce kick-ass death metal!

Mjollnir

Depends if you would like a ghetto with high rate of unemployment or a rich area where everyone would hate you...

Or maybe a mix between them.

This is regarding sweden i don't know anything about norway, exept that they produce kick-ass death metal!

Yeah, you really are Mindfucked..... Death Metal...

Oh yeah, just look at it now: 100% PURE NORWEGIAN DEATH METAL

Nah, just doesn't work mate.

Go back to your cave.

Go to Norway, for obvious reasons. Learn how to brew your own alcohol though before you go. It's too bloody expensive in Norway.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
For the standards of the rest of Europe, both countries are fucking expensive. Best example is alcohol, which is run by the state only. And the prices are of course too.

Besides, I don't know if the beer over there is tastefull or not, but I prefer Belgian beer. :p

Although if you have the money, you can obtain Westvleteren in Sweden. In Belgium that seems rather complicated, even though it is a Belgian beer.

LEVE BELGIË
VIVE LA BELGIQUE
ES LEBE BELGIEN

:D:D:D:D:D

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
@gnoff could you tell me something about sweden, especially about the mentality/the people?

Swedes tend to be rather reserved towards people on the streets, but if you're friend of a friend they usually "let you in".

We do have prejudice against others, or perhaps more preconceived notions, but no more than most I think.

The mentality differs quite a lot depending on where in Sween you are.
In Stockholm people are very reserved, in Gothenburg they are quite open.
More in the northern parts of Sweden they tend to be more quiet and really stick to their type of crowd.

A lot of the times when Swedes drink they drink to get drunkand not just for social events or because of taste.

Still, it's hard to bunch us all together since it's a big country and all (at least in size, even though we don't have that many inhabitants.

mugabe

7 Aug. 2002
Avesta, Sweden
www.kurtz.se
Swedes are generally rather curious about people from abroad, and also like to take the opportunity to speak English. Sweden is a great country if you want to practice your English. It's not so great if you'd like to learn Swedish, though.

I don't know if you plan to work or study, but if you go to one of the traditional University towns (Lund, Linköping, Uppsala) or one of the smaller colleges (Gävle, Eskilstuna, Falun), to study, meeting new friends is quite easy, since most students hang out in their designated pubs and meeting places. There is usually a large number of exchange students from all over the world around as well. In the larger cities (Gothenburg, Stockholm, Malmö), students are more scattered all over town, and have less "natural" meeting places.

Mindfucked

17 Aug. 2007
Stockholm, Sweden
Yeah, you really are Mindfucked..... Death Metal...

Oh yeah, just look at it now: 100% PURE NORWEGIAN DEATH METAL

Nah, just doesn't work mate.

Go back to your cave.

Go to Norway, for obvious reasons. Learn how to brew your own alcohol though before you go. It's too bloody expensive in Norway.

sorry mate i don't know what the fuck i was thinking when saying death metal.

Ofcourse I meant Black Metal :)

D

Deleted member 10963

Norway :)

simply it is more beautifull than sweden !