Tips for a newbie

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Lionzz

W:O:A Metalhead
9 Aug. 2007
Next year, me ad my bride are celebrating our honeymoon on Wacken!
I was just wondering, since it's our first Wacken ever, what should we bring?!?! What should we know??? What should we do?!?!?

Bear in mind that we're both brazilians and will be spending 2 weeks in Europe, so "bring lots of stuff" is kinda hard because of the flights and stuff!!

THANX! :D

cyber999

W:O:A Metalmaster
20 Apr. 2007
The Azores - Portugal
ola!

pois.. vai ser complicado uma vez que vens de aviao lol bom acho q o melhor e comprar tudo la!. eu sou portugues e fui de aviao, com um amigo meu este ano, e nos fomos carregados de coisas! e nao deu muito certo se queres o meu conselho, o melhor e comprar la tudo!

espero ter ajudado!

fica bem.

Lionzz

9 Aug. 2007
Ola Cyber, obrigado pela resposta, mas pretendo deixar minhas malas no aeroporto de Hamburgo e ir de mãos vazias para o Wacken, pois antes vou para Londres e Paris!

Mas eu gostaria de saber dicas gerais sobre o festival...

Mas agradeço novamente!

cyber999

20 Apr. 2007
The Azores - Portugal
o festival e excelente do melhor que ja fui!

comida e bebida dentro do festival e caro.. uma cerveja sao 4 euros!, uma caneca sao 7.50 euros. uma hamburguer sao 4 euros! e e tudo dentro desses precos.mas tem um mini mercado dentro na vila ai os preços sao mais acessiveis!

voces vao acampar la ne?.. o melhor parque e o c, fica mesmo a frente da entrada para o recinto lol e pk os outros sao 1 bocado longe..

mental_mercury

18 Juni 2007
Marburg, Hessen
ola!

pois.. vai ser complicado uma vez que vens de aviao lol bom acho q o melhor e comprar tudo la!. eu sou portugues e fui de aviao, com um amigo meu este ano, e nos fomos carregados de coisas! e nao deu muito certo se queres o meu conselho, o melhor e comprar la tudo!

espero ter ajudado!

fica bem.

translation...

welll....damn portuguese and brazilian are different than standard spanish =|

i am useless :(

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Next year, me ad my bride are celebrating our honeymoon on Wacken!
I was just wondering, since it's our first Wacken ever, what should we bring?!?! What should we know??? What should we do?!?!?

Bear in mind that we're both brazilians and will be spending 2 weeks in Europe, so "bring lots of stuff" is kinda hard because of the flights and stuff!!

THANX! :D

Travel as light as you can, tents and stuff can be obtained in Wacken itself (eventually after reservation of the stuff)

The most essential thing is beer!!! :D

cyber999

20 Apr. 2007
The Azores - Portugal
lol sorry guys lol

brasilian and portuguese is almost the same language the only difference is the dialect :p

spanish and people from south america can understand some words we say ;)
and we can understand some words they say aswell..

i was just giving a few tips to him/her

Lionzz

9 Aug. 2007
Thanx everyone and sorry for the Portuguese! lol

So... anything else!?
Should I camp? Should I stay at the hotel? How is the breakfast? How’s the weather? Any other info would be greatly appreciated!

Someone mentioned I can obtain the tent right there.. is the tent good enough? What should I do to obtain the tent? Should I talk to people in the festival? I want this to be PERFECT as it will be my honeymoon!

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Well, as far as enjoying the festival I'd say:
CAMP!
Absolutely no question about it.
You can see more of the bands, don't have to worry about finding transits or paying for taxi, cost less, easier to party when you can store beer in your tent, meet more people, and so on.

As far as for a honeymoon, well I guess that depends all on your significant other, will she enjoy camping during your honeymoon?
It's a bit hard to find warm showers and having a cozy time in the tent.

Breakfast:
Usually some non-salted eggs, a somewhat dry roll of bread and some coffee or tea for a few euros, pretty much what keeps me going together with loads of beer until I purchase my dinner-bratwurst later at night.

If the weather is sunny you'll need sun block, there's no shade, impossible to stay in the tent. It gets dusty as hell and everything gets dirty.

If the weather is rainy you'll need rain stuff, there's no getting out of it, the tent will get moist inside. It gets muddy as hell and everything gets dirty.

Usually it's either shitty weather all festival or blazing sun all festival.

Can't help you regarding the tent, but I know it's been an issue in several other threads, try serching for "tent" in the English part of the forum only.

Lionzz

9 Aug. 2007
Whoa, Gnoff!!! That really helped... I’ll look more into it today... if I still have further questions, I’ll post here! Thank you very much!