Wacken stories

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

mental_mercury

W:O:A Metalmaster
18 Juni 2007
Marburg, Hessen
Post your adventures here! I'm dying to hear them as I wasn't able to go this year :( Tell us about where you camped, how you liked the bands, who you hung out with, etc :cool:

elhuesos

W:O:A Metalhead
10 Mai 2007
Monterrey, Nuevo León, México
Many people was talking to me just because I am mexican... oh and my bagagge was lost by the airline so the first two nights I didn't sleep... mmm, I met some hot german girls, dozens of persons offered and asked me for pot. And when I was returning home I met an English girl who only had 20 euros so she traveled with a friend and I to the airport.

Sam Przyborowski

2 Apr. 2005
Coventry
As usual a great time...I got stuck in the mud just before Iced Earth and literally could not move. Within seconds two Germans came and helped pull me out.

That said...I believe there was more arseholes there this year. Some one we were camping with had 100 Euros stolenout of their tent whilst they slept in it and some Irish idiots walking passed chanting 'I.RA., I.R.A.'. Also some people saw some people doing Nazi salutes and writing Nazi graffiti..

Of course, the great people still outweighed the arseholes. I just hope that this year the increase dickhead quota was a one off.

N3m3sis

26 Juli 2007
Dordrecht
www.liesbeth.org
We left at 9 o clock from the Rotterdam area. At 5.30 we came into a traffic jam about 9 km from Wacken, we arrived at the campsite at two oclock in the morning. Horay for my friends who arrived on saturday and put up our tents. And had cold beer to drink our traffic frustration away (hmm did meet a cute guy on the high way, never saw him again in the overly crouded woa). Our little dutch camp had about 30 Israeli people in them (ehh, would that still make it a dutch camp?) , god those people can drink beer..........Saw lots of bands, liked inflames a lot, and saw immortal (a must) , went totally wild on Mytholorian our local metal band, saw many friends (jee every one is in wacken), drank wiskey at 9 oclock in the morning (not good if you re usually only drink cola light, met lots of weirdo's (yes you re defiantely one of them Norman:p) , missed Moonsorrow (shit) , loved subway to sally, saw lots of cornfields.......(nope, no there does not grow any toilet paper in the corn), no traffic jams on the way home, no starters cables either (damn, no one seems to have them), thank god for females who do have them and know how to handle them (they safed our life), no traffic jams home!!!!!!!!!!!
We had a wodnerfull time in Wacken, it was a bit more crouded than I expected, and the sound was not always very good, but hey, for a festival it was fucking great!!!!!!! See you all next year ;)

Huldran

29 Jan. 2006
Under the sign of the Octagon
Even though I was 100% sober thru the event, I almost lost my cellphone. :o

Got up at ca. 9:00 on Saturday, thought "It would be nice to load the damn thing NOW, before there's a queue @the WOA office"... as said, so done: I went to the office, connected the phone, bought me the WOA newspaper and sat down comfortably, reading.

Some time later: Handy loaded - I stand up, disconnect it, put it into the holder, put the holder on the seat... pack my purse, the cable and the newspaper into my bag and LEAVE - leaving the cellphone behind and hurrying to see Victims Of Madness! :D

Fortunately, I discovered the "loss" within half an hour, rushed back to the office and found the thing where I left it *me sighs in relief*.

Moral: getting up early is EVIL, period end :D

Other "adventures" were - witnessing the fire near the True Metal Stage on Friday (I was like 50m away when it started) and saying "Farewell" to my tent - some drunk fuck fell on it... it held until the last day though, and only dismantling it, I found that the central rod was FUBAR.

Rest in peace "Strandmuschel" ...you served me well for two great years :'-( And you're forever in Wacken now...

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Spindelta

21 Dez. 2006
I had as marvellous a time as I've ever had at Wacken. I drank much mead, met many friendly metallers, and saw very many amazing bands. I would like to know why Vital Remains did not show, and why it was not announced.

elhuesos

10 Mai 2007
Monterrey, Nuevo León, México
Many people was talking to me just because I am mexican... oh and my bagagge was lost by the airline so the first two nights I didn't sleep... mmm, I met some hot german girls, dozens of persons offered and asked me for pot. And when I was returning home I met an English girl who only had 20 euros so she traveled with a friend and I to the airport.

You know, I would really like to talk with taht English girl again, I think her name was Anna, if anybody knows her, please let me know ;)

Thaurin

11 Juli 2007
I drank so much on the first two days that I couldn't find my tent. I must've spoken to hundreds of people, since I was unable to walk for 5 metres without stopping at a nearby group of people. Eventually I found a group of crazy Germans that had sniffing tobacco. They let me crash in their tent. I would never have been able to find my own tent in the dark as I was completely smashed and miserable. When I woke up, it was light and they were gone. I guess Germans don't need sleep.

So thanks for that, whoever you are. Without your help, I would still be wandering the Wacken grounds, haunting the night, looking for my tent that I will never find.

~missy~

17 Juli 2007
belgie - west-vlaanderen
nl.netlog.com
we had a plastic crocodile with us, and every day we walked around the camping, letting our crocodile dog out:p we also had a "wacken tree" with beer cans on it and a chicken head on top of it. and on sunday morning we burned a smoke pot, all of the tents around us wore foggy. i had a great time, next year i go again!

leigonX

17 Jan. 2007
Richmond, VA, USA
Got there wednesday afternoon and ended up meeting some dudes from Perth and just hung out with them all weekend. We made it about half way to the entrance from the taxi dropoff before it was time to stop and drink some beers (can't remember the name of it but it had the Hangover Breakfast). Enjoyed seeing Sodom and Overkill thursday night. Favorites of friday were Enslaved, Belphegor, and Iced earth. I was to exhausted saturady to do anything until Norther played then caught Immortal and Municipal Waste and some of 1349 before leaving at 3 am. It was my first Wacken and I'll never forget it.

mental_mercury

W:O:A Metalmaster
18 Juni 2007
Marburg, Hessen
I drank so much on the first two days that I couldn't find my tent. I must've spoken to hundreds of people, since I was unable to walk for 5 metres without stopping at a nearby group of people. Eventually I found a group of crazy Germans that had sniffing tobacco. They let me crash in their tent. I would never have been able to find my own tent in the dark as I was completely smashed and miserable. When I woke up, it was light and they were gone. I guess Germans don't need sleep.

So thanks for that, whoever you are. Without your help, I would still be wandering the Wacken grounds, haunting the night, looking for my tent that I will never find.

Did your butthole feel sore the next day?

Random_dude_667

7 Jan. 2007
Peterborough, England
It was my first time and one of the best times I've ever spent at a festival, absolutely awesome! So thanx to everyone for it being so awesome:
-I screwed my leg up on Thursday when someone kicked it during Sodom when they stumbled out of a pit, then I lent against a pole to see Saxon
-I found Jesus and had my photo taken with him, hehe
-Destruction, Blind Guardian, Iced Earth and Immortal were all so awsesome!
-Fashioned a hat out of a beer crate and made some German friends as a result, who I then somehow managed to beat at darts!
-Met an American dude on the friday who then got dissentry on the saturday morning.

Already counting down the days till next year.

MaNiAc E

25 Feb. 2007
Netherlands
Where to begin:
Well we drove to Wacken on Wednesday 5:00am. And made a few stops come across some dutchies, and later on the highway that was going to Wacken the devilhorn salutes began :)

12am/pm traffic jam we went towards Wacken but the police pointed out that we needed to drive into Wacken the other way around.
In totall we were stuck thanks to that for 5hours!!! so finally at 5pm we could set up our tents.

So we ended up at a shitty part of the camping thing a field next to S. With only German people. Some were ok met a few Japanese Dir en Grey fans, but for the rest of it the German people at the camp side didnt want to speak english or even invite us over, so we said they could sit with us be they didnt want to. That was kinda lame because the camping thing is one of the best things about Wacken. (but who knows maybe they didnt like dutch people)

But the festival side was awesome met some more dutchies, americans, norwegian people awesome stuff had a blast.
Friday was my birthday so ended up pretty wasted :p (how can you say no to free whiskey) and ended up with some birthday kisses so that was nice :)

The last day I was so glad I didnt stick with Immortal and after 15minutes we went to see Stormwarrior! what an awesome show was that!!