Questions about camping

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

BLIZT

16 Juli 2007
Hello, I am wondering if its possible to camp at the camping without tickets. I was planning to go to Wacken without tickets and try to buy em there, but before i manage to buy any tickets or if i don't find any I still want to live and drink beer on the camping ;)

Lady_Wolf

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Juli 2006
A crazy men's Utopia
www.myspace.com
Hello, I am wondering if its possible to camp at the camping without tickets. I was planning to go to Wacken without tickets and try to buy em there, but before i manage to buy any tickets or if i don't find any I still want to live and drink beer on the camping ;)

No,, that is not allowed.
Not sure if it is checked though.
But it is also fairer to the people who do have a ticket, otherwise the camping would get even more crowded

BLIZT

16 Juli 2007
Ty for the reply.

Yes ofc, but as i said i wanted to buy a ticket once inside, since thare are usually alot people selling tickets outside the festivalground, but if i cant get in there i cant buy a ticket.

Other festivals that I have been to its possible to pay a small fee for just the camping, but i can't find any info about that on wacken.

Any other thouoghts about if its possible to do in any way?

fuzzelbär

31 Mai 2007
nähe Kaiserslautern
Maybe, if you come early, you can drive to the town of Wacken near the festival site and look there for some ticket sellers. And with the tickets, you can camp at the official campsite.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Ty for the reply.

Yes ofc, but as i said i wanted to buy a ticket once inside, since thare are usually alot people selling tickets outside the festivalground, but if i cant get in there i cant buy a ticket.

Other festivals that I have been to its possible to pay a small fee for just the camping, but i can't find any info about that on wacken.

Any other thouoghts about if its possible to do in any way?

go to the village, there are lost of people over there...

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Every time I've arrived to Wacken I've had to show my ticket before going to the camp ground.

Also I'm pretty sure there's no separate camping that's not part of the festival ticket.

Not seen any tickets selling ppl around either.

Best guess:
Purchase the ticket beforehand to be sure.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Every time I've arrived to Wacken I've had to show my ticket before going to the camp ground.

Also I'm pretty sure there's no separate camping that's not part of the festival ticket.

Best guess:

Gnoff's right. No free camping! (That is to say, you HAVE TO have a festival ticket)

agresionpower

22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland

Best guess:

yup, and you can always sell it if your not going in the end...

tammerforce

2 März 2008
Southampton, UK
Just registered to ask a few more camping-related questions.

Do they have cooking areas at the campsite and what facilities are provided?

I did some searching already but did not find info on this.

Sipyloidea

19 März 2007

They DO sell Wacken tickets in the streets of Wacken while the festival, but that's always some foreign weirdos who dunno german or proper english. I guess it's kind of organisated stuff and it for sure may be very much more expensive...

Why don't you want to buy a ticket before?

Do they have cooking areas at the campsite and what facilities are provided?

You'll have to bring a gas cooker (or either buy food all festival long)

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
They DO sell Wacken tickets in the streets of Wacken while the festival, but that's always some foreign weirdos who dunno german or proper english. I guess it's kind of organisated stuff and it for sure may be very much more expensive...

Why don't you want to buy a ticket before?

You'll have to bring a gas cooker (or either buy food all festival long)

Ho! You forgot German's most favourite coocking gear: the BBQ!

Grillfleisch ;)

:p