Lots of Questions

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Darkveiled

11 Juni 2007
Right, okay. So this'll be my first year at Wacken and I'm a bit confused over a few things!

From what I can gather about Camping, I can go down on the 2nd of Aug and come back on the 5th? How is the Camping arranged? I've been to Download Festival, so that's what I'm used to. How does the Camping compare to that?

Are there stalls selling things, and fast food type places? Is it cheap or expensive?

How do I get from Hamburg Lubeck Airport to Wacken? Do I need to fly, or get a shuttle-bus thing?

Think that's all for now!

Thanks c:.

Zombi

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
How do I get from Hamburg Lubeck Airport to Wacken? Do I need to fly, or get a shuttle-bus thing?

*shoots himself*

take a look at the sticky. getting from Lubeck to Hamburg then Wacken is the first part.

Yeah. there are loads of stalls selling lots of stuff and food. average price is about 3-4 euros for... things...

never been to download so can't help you there.

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Like Zombi said, check this out:

http://forum.wacken.com/showthread.php?t=122556

In nothing else, just read the first post regarding getting to Wacken,it should answer most travel questions.

Never been to download either, but as far as camping goes:

Camping is included in the festival ticket.
You are allowed to camp in certain areas if booked ahead in groups larger than 50 or so, now it's too late to make those reservations.
You are allowed to bring your own food and drinks to the camping grounds.
Some parts of the camping allows you to bring your vehicle there and camp next to it, other parts of the camping are reserved for those not bringing their vehicles.

There are plenty of stalls selling food and drinks if you don't want to bring your own to the camping.
You can get different sausages, steaks, pizzy, kebab, nudles and probably other stuff as well. Usually it cost some 3-5 euro depending on what you have.

There are also lots of stalls selling records, clothes and all kinds of stuff, bring lots of cash of you plan on buying stuff, there's usually a long line for the ATM.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Like Zombi said, check this out:

http://forum.wacken.com/showthread.php?t=122556

In nothing else, just read the first post regarding getting to Wacken,it should answer most travel questions.

Never been to download either, but as far as camping goes:

Camping is included in the festival ticket.
You are allowed to camp in certain areas if booked ahead in groups larger than 50 or so, now it's too late to make those reservations.
You are allowed to bring your own food and drinks to the camping grounds.
Some parts of the camping allows you to bring your vehicle there and camp next to it, other parts of the camping are reserved for those not bringing their vehicles.

There are plenty of stalls selling food and drinks if you don't want to bring your own to the camping.
You can get different sausages, steaks, pizzy, kebab, nudles and probably other stuff as well. Usually it cost some 3-5 euro depending on what you have.

There are also lots of stalls selling records, clothes and all kinds of stuff, bring lots of cash of you plan on buying stuff, there's usually a long line for the ATM.

There will be ATM's at the festival area this year!!!

Darkveiled

11 Juni 2007
Wow, someone got out of the wrong side of bed today. Sheesh.

Thanks to everyone else though. I'll take a look at the sticky - finding it a bit difficult to find things as I don't speak any German.

Mjollnir

W:O:A Metalhead
Right, okay. So this'll be my first year at Wacken and I'm a bit confused over a few things!

From what I can gather about Camping, I can go down on the 2nd of Aug and come back on the 5th? How is the Camping arranged? I've been to Download Festival, so that's what I'm used to. How does the Camping compare to that?

Are there stalls selling things, and fast food type places? Is it cheap or expensive?

Think that's all for now!

Thanks c:.

Ask people when you get there - everyone speaks English in this day and age (though nobody understands my NZ slang English :p )

Just get drunk, find a tent and follow the friendly metal folk :D

Don't be such a German and stress about every fucking thing, just chillax (chill out - relax).

Darkveiled

11 Juni 2007
Ah, wow. I didn;t realise they had an English option. Much nicer :cool:.

I'm from England, so I understand your slang English Mjollnir! :p.

Thanks for all the help guys. Although I have one more question, what are the wristbands like? Are they plastic or fabric?