About the first day

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Khan

19 Apr. 2005
I think its about time that thursday has concerts all day like friday and saturday. and maybe run bands from party stage and true metal stage. Sweden rock is adding a fourth day now that is mostly the same as a night to remember but with more bands. So it would be great if wacken could have three full days...

Klozombi

W:O:A Metalhead
12 Jan. 2007
No, I don't think so, because most people arrive on wednesday and if there's a full program on thursday there's no time to drink and for party. Leave it like it is, that's the best!!!

Khan

19 Apr. 2005
I really dont get your reason... i travel from norway every year and i get the time to party from wednesday to saturday anyway... what makes the difference with tree full days? I think one of europes biggest festivals really should take that step...

Fok!

15 Sep. 2006
Kiel
It is hard enough to get thursday and friday as days off work, as it is. The WOA is always in the middle of school holidays, so usually almost everyone wants to go on vacation at that time. For the past years I always had to struggle to get there by thursday afternoon.

Also: there are constant complaints among the forum members that the presence of a lot of bands is repeated too often. If they would actually start a third day full-time, that would involve even more repetitions.

Also you should probably not forget the people who live at Wacken - the festival is probably enough of a burden for them in its two-and-a-half-day-form. Of course they also get a lot out of it, but let's not stretch their patience too far.

All in all I think two whole festival days and the Night to remember are fine as they are.

Khan

19 Apr. 2005
yes, i think they repeat themselves a bit too much. like giving saxon a headliner role is a disaster, and who gives a damn about motorhead... we miss the really big headliner like Metallica or ozzy or something. anyways, most of the people arrive at wednesday anyways and maybe the last 20-30 percent on thursday so the locals wont be seeing any difference. A night to remember is a very great evening but to put saxon headline that evening makes it a night to forget. and two days is too short for the people who travel from all over europe. i put some of my vacation at the first week of august every year to go to wacken and the main holiday in norway is mid juli.

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
yes, i think they repeat themselves a bit too much. like giving saxon a headliner role is a disaster, and who gives a damn about motorhead... we miss the really big headliner like Metallica or ozzy or something.
Who is Metallica? Who is Ozzy?
I'd rather listen to Saxon each and every year than pay for people who think they are so important.
anyways, most of the people arrive at wednesday anyways and maybe the last 20-30 percent on thursday so the locals wont be seeing any difference.
...but hearing. Another whole day of metal noise from 11 am to 3 am. Instead of a shorter day with noise from 6 pm to midnight.
A night to remember is a very great evening but to put saxon headline that evening makes it a night to forget. and two days is too short for the people who travel from all over europe.
If it is too short for you, why do you still come to Wacken? And the thousands of other European foreigners? And the people from Asia, Australia and America?
i put some of my vacation at the first week of august every year to go to wacken and the main holiday in norway is mid juli.
Lucky you.

Fok!

15 Sep. 2006
Kiel
yes, i think they repeat themselves a bit too much. like giving saxon a headliner role is a disaster, and who gives a damn about motorhead... we miss the really big headliner like Metallica or ozzy or something. anyways, most of the people arrive at wednesday anyways and maybe the last 20-30 percent on thursday so the locals wont be seeing any difference. A night to remember is a very great evening but to put saxon headline that evening makes it a night to forget. and two days is too short for the people who travel from all over europe. i put some of my vacation at the first week of august every year to go to wacken and the main holiday in norway is mid juli.

I can understand why it would be even more of a recompensation for your extended journey to Wacken if they would add another day. But I still think the points I made are valid, too, as you just confirmed when you wrote that the performing bands are repeated too often.
Also I prefer Saxon or Motörhead headlining to Ozzy and Metallica anytime, they are more down to earth. :D I guess adding one of the "huge" american acts to the bill would raise the ticket prices immensely. I saw Metallica two years ago and the Price for the tickets to that concert alone was of the sixty-euro-variety.

Finally: I definetly do not think that Saxon turn the first night into one to forget. They are no my cup of tea as well, but they definetly have their fans and a special place in metal history. That is what the night to remember is about.

Khan

19 Apr. 2005
First, of course i think wacken is a great festival. thats why i return every year. And i think its great how the festival has evolved from where it started. Well, I dont like metallica that much either but at least one of the headliners should be a band that alone could sell 40000 tickets in a single show. As for the inhabitants of wacken they have drunk metal heads and pounding music the whole week so a halve day more of music from the stages wouldnt do much harm. :) Personally i liked 2005`s line up best but it has been many bands to my liking every year. So a halve a day more would mean more great wacken atmosphere, nice people and great music...

Fok!

15 Sep. 2006
Kiel
First, of course i think wacken is a great festival. thats why i return every year. And i think its great how the festival has evolved from where it started.

I could not agree more.

Well, I dont like metallica that much either but at least one of the headliners should be a band that alone could sell 40000 tickets in a single show.

Nah, not really. Just imagine how many people that would attract who don't really have interest in metal, part-time-metalheads, festival-tourists, etc. I'd rather we would remain among ourselves, but on the other hand, that seems to be obsolete since 40.000 and more people frequented the WOA.

As for the inhabitants of wacken they have drunk metal heads and pounding music the whole week so a halve day more of music from the stages wouldnt do much harm. :)

You certainly have got a point there. But (fortunately?) I have never experienced a cranked up stereo in the campgrounds being as loud as the stage amps. :p

Personally i liked 2005`s line up best but it has been many bands to my liking every year. So a halve a day more would mean more great wacken atmosphere, nice people and great music...

2007 doesn't look half bad, so far.

Lady_Wolf

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Juli 2006
A crazy men's Utopia
www.myspace.com
First, of course i think wacken is a great festival. thats why i return every year. And i think its great how the festival has evolved from where it started. Well, I dont like metallica that much either but at least one of the headliners should be a band that alone could sell 40000 tickets in a single show. As for the inhabitants of wacken they have drunk metal heads and pounding music the whole week so a halve day more of music from the stages wouldnt do much harm. :) Personally i liked 2005`s line up best but it has been many bands to my liking every year. So a halve a day more would mean more great wacken atmosphere, nice people and great music...

Quit bitching.

and headliner like ozzy and metallica attract the wrong crowd.. If you want to see Ozzy and Metallica buy an ozzfest ticket...