Travel (from the UK)

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Swabs

5 Feb. 2007
Sorry if this question has already been asked, but im in a bit of a problem.

I live in the UK, a friend and I are planning to go to Wacken this year for the first time. Now I have tried to work out the travel routes and costs but I have just got myself completely confused.

Could any previous Wacken goers from England please spare the time to reply with exactly how they have got to Wacken before please? It would be greatly appreciated.

Zombi

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
Yes. Your question is far too open ended. Allow me to use this thread for sexual innuendos.

Well, I sure inserted my penis into that girl's vagina.

Oh wait. That's not innuendo.

dittohead

4 Feb. 2003

I live in the UK, a friend and I are planning to go to Wacken this year for the first time. Now I have tried to work out the travel routes and costs but I have just got myself completely confused.

Could any previous Wacken goers from England please spare the time to reply with exactly how they have got to Wacken before please? It would be greatly appreciated.

where are you from first

MetalCommando

W:O:A Metalhead
8 Juli 2003
England
www.forfuckssakes.net

plane to Lubeck from Stansted
bus from Lubeck to hamburg
Train from hamburg to Itzehoe
Shuttle from Itzehoe to wacken

Pm me and i'll try to help

Spindelta

W:O:A Metalhead
21 Dez. 2006
Yes. Your question is far too open ended. Allow me to use this thread for sexual innuendos.

Well, I sure inserted my penis into that girl's vagina.

Oh wait. That's not innuendo.

Hahaha!

I plan to travel to Wacken from the UK the true metal way. First, I shall spend my entire student loan on whiskey and a rubber dingy. I plan to get so drunk that I can create a torrent of vomit deep enough to sail over land on, and progress thusly. Perhaps the the channel crossing is cheating, since the water is already there, but I guess filling the channel with chunder might be a tall order otherwise. I just hope it's all down hill.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Hahaha!

I plan to travel to Wacken from the UK the true metal way. First, I shall spend my entire student loan on whiskey and a rubber dingy. I plan to get so drunk that I can create a torrent of vomit deep enough to sail over land on, and progress thusly. Perhaps the the channel crossing is cheating, since the water is already there, but I guess filling the channel with chunder might be a tall order otherwise. I just hope it's all down hill.

Don't tempt customs!!! :D:D:D

anathoth

12 März 2007
hello,

We will be traveling over from London. Wanting to hire a car and drive to Wacken. Does this seem mad? We have 4 weeks and are planning on spending like week in UK and maybe week in France/Netherlands, then the rest in Germany.

But really we not have any clue what is really involved apart from lots of metal!!!

Carpathian_Wolf

21 Juli 2002
Leeds UK
www.power-metal.co.uk
hello,

We will be traveling over from London. Wanting to hire a car and drive to Wacken. Does this seem mad? We have 4 weeks and are planning on spending like week in UK and maybe week in France/Netherlands, then the rest in Germany.

But really we not have any clue what is really involved apart from lots of metal!!!

It cant seem mad when I also driving across with 16 other metalheads from Leeds area :p

dittohead

4 Feb. 2003
Hahaha!

haha student loans :rolleyes:

anathoth

12 März 2007
yo, thats awesome.

Could you possibly give me some info on traveling from UK to Germany?

I'm guessing chunnel is the only way out or in by car?

How long would this take?

I'm guessing there are plenty of different routes...

any info is good info

Thanks
\m/