Storm

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
It's blowing outside, hurricane winds at about 40 m/s, people are urged to stay inside. Most bridges from the island I live towards the city are closed and the trams are not running.

I just hope it calms down in 4 hours when I've planned to go into town.

sleipnir

W:O:A Metalhead
24 März 2005
Graz/Gries - Austria
It's blowing outside, hurricane winds at about 40 m/s, people are urged to stay inside. Most bridges from the island I live towards the city are closed and the trams are not running.

I just hope it calms down in 4 hours when I've planned to go into town.

Poor pig, i hope nobody get`s hurt.
The weather is really upside down this winter, we have 13°C and sunshine outside.

Huldran

29 Jan. 2006
Under the sign of the Octagon
The weather is really upside down this winter, we have 13°C and sunshine outside.
And HOW upside down it is!!! :mad:

I talked to my mom yesterday, and she said there is NO SNOW there in Russia (at least in the midst of the European part thereof)... quote: "grey, gloomy, rain, and green grass is showing".

Damn global warming. :mad:

@gnoff: bt/dt, just a few days back. Hope it calms down soon. ;)

catlash

21 Nov. 2005
Tulsa, Oklahoma
www.myspace.com
My parents were in New York city the other day and say it is a balmy 70F out there-much warmer than normal. Here Tulsa got hit by a bad ice storm on Friday afternoon. It sleeted solid all that afternoon and evening and solid and heavily for the most part of yesterday. There is 3 inches of ice on the ground, flights have been cancelled and the mayor declared the state in a State of Emergency. It too me 1 hour and 20 minutes to get 30 minutes home yesterday and I saw 5 cars, including an 18 wheeler stuck. 16 thousand have no power and we have 7 shelters open so far. I am lucky. I heard the news talk about this coming last week and bought what I needed and have plenty of housework, movies and books to keep me busy so am hibernating until Tuesday. Even though the storm leaves Monday morning Tuesday and Wednesday going to work should be fun as it will not reach above freezing until Thursday. Tulsa never got the ice storm it normally gets just on thanksgiving weekend.

And Seattle is having huge snowstorms that it never did before.

We are indeed under a weather pattern shift -the Earth has encountered many major weather pattern shifts long before we came around so though it may be global warming I would not call that an unatural thing.

Lady_Wolf

4 Juli 2006
A crazy men's Utopia
www.myspace.com
It is really storming here right now.
People are advised to stay in the safety of their homes but what is safe now if you look at this picture

a construction crane fall into a building of the University of Utrecht.

I got smashed onto a car by the wind....

some more storm pics

smashed car
front of a building
a truck on its side
playing donimo's with containers
look at the traffic lights and then look at where the cars are :p
new kind of dixie?
this is a sign! Not a good day to go out sailing!
storm can be pretty

LooseCannon

3 Aug. 2002
Baltimore,Maryland USA
Website besuchen
It was warm early this week.Winter has returned to the US east coast.They're calling for snow showers this Sun.The way this town reacts to snow is unbelievable.They clean out the markets of all the toilet paper,eggs, & milk they can get their hands on at the mere mention of snow.We haven't had a major blizzard since '03.

catlash

21 Nov. 2005
Tulsa, Oklahoma
www.myspace.com
There is more snow today and more ice expected tomorrow. Thoussands stilll have no power, schools are still closed because bus routes are still ice but people that have power are carrying on anyway. They surprized me in how quickly they adapted this time. Parents are mad-they have to take their kids to work with them and are wondering why they cannot drive their kids to school as the schools have suffered no power or water loss.

We still have many in shelters openand Eastern Oklahoma is almost completely shut down as there is no power to run the gas stations or homes, too many trees and lines are dow for it to be safe and now looting has become a major issue.

Through our international counterparts I heard about the German/Netherlands storms. That was a nasty one! Too bad for those that got hurt but it could have been more widespread and that is good it was not.

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Lots and lots f snow in Stockholm tonight where I'm at rigth now.

also in Gothenburg, so fun to see if I get home via train tomorrow ;)