Possible to travel from Hamburg to Wacken DAILY?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

outtriggered

9 Aug. 2017
Hi there,

We am planning to stay in Hamburg. A group of friends travelling in from all over the globe.

Are there any daily train services from Itzehoe to Hamburg after midnight?

Cheers!

Sorrownator

W:O:A Metalhead
9 Aug. 2010
Hedwig-Holzbein
In the current time table of "Deutsche Bahn" the last connection from Itzehoe to Hamburg goes off at 0:02 and arrives around 1:18. Next train starts at 4:09 the next day. But no one can tell you if this shedule will be valid next year or if there will be any disturbance like raod works along the way, which lead to a delay or cancellation.

outtriggered

9 Aug. 2017
In the current time table of "Deutsche Bahn" the last connection from Itzehoe to Hamburg goes off at 0:02 and arrives around 1:18. Next train starts at 4:09 the next day. But no one can tell you if this shedule will be valid next year or if there will be any disturbance like raod works along the way, which lead to a delay or cancellation.
Thanks for the reply. I've got the same results myself

Sorrownator

9 Aug. 2010
Hedwig-Holzbein
Thanks for the reply. I've got the same results myself
I think no one can give you any more details at thit point of the year. You surely have to check a week or so before the festival. I would recomend to look for another accomodation anyway. Even if you don't want to stay on the Campground there are still many more possibilities that are better to reach than Hamburg.

acryd

8 Aug. 2016
HH
Hi there,

We am planning to stay in Hamburg. A group of friends travelling in from all over the globe.

Are there any daily train services from Itzehoe to Hamburg after midnight?

Cheers!

As some already mentioned, giving any advice at this point might be useless.
But if you are willing to stay in hamburg and travel to wacken every day as a group, and are willing pay for the accomodation, why dont you try to book a moshtel room for you friends or two depending on the party size, if iam not mistaken, those huts offered up to 4 sleeping places per hut, and adding up the costs for public transport and accomodation in Hamburg plus train ticket everyday, you might end up at the same price, or get close, plus the benefit beeing at the festival and not like 80-90 km away.

Sorrownator

9 Aug. 2010
Hedwig-Holzbein
As some already mentioned, giving any advice at this point might be useless.
But if you are willing to stay in hamburg and travel to wacken every day as a group, and are willing pay for the accomodation, why dont you try to book a moshtel room for you friends or two depending on the party size, if iam not mistaken, those huts offered up to 4 sleeping places per hut, and adding up the costs for public transport and accomodation in Hamburg plus train ticket everyday, you might end up at the same price, or get close, plus the benefit beeing at the festival and not like 80-90 km away.
Moshtel costs 1250€ for a 2-bed room if I'm not mistaken. But there are some wood cabins with 10 (?) Beds, which are nearly the same price I think, but they give room for 10 people.