Staying in Hamburg during the festival days and getting there daily

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Leopoldo

16 März 2017
Hi, I have been 3 times to Wakcen and always stayed at the campsite. This year I will be sleeping in Hamburg. Any recommendations on the best way to get there on all 3 days? The best I have seen so far was to get a train from Hamburg Hbf to Itzehoe, then shuttle bus to Wacken, but it seems quite expensive doing it every day and I´m not sure it runs until late. Any suggestions?

Milkie

W:O:A Metalmaster
23 Juli 2013
Hellsinki, Finland
I'm guessing that's your best choice. Tho I wouldn't recommend staying in Hamburg because it takes about 1-2 hours to get to Wacken depending on the traffic..

But hopefully you'll figure something out :)

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
I'm guessing that's your best choice. Tho I wouldn't recommend staying in Hamburg because it takes about 1-2 hours to get to Wacken depending on the traffic..

But hopefully you'll figure something out :)

yeah, that's exactly the point I wanted to make.
Isn't it better to get a hotel in itzehoe or something?
Maybe the wacken boatel?

I don't think you wanna travel all the way to hamburg every day.

crushez

27 Mai 2008
Getting back to Hamburg can be problematic if you wanna stay late.
Did it back in 2008 with a few mates. We couldn't be arsed to camp back then because we were continuing our holiday for 2 more weeks in the netherlands and spain.

Going to wacken was no problems, train to Itzehoe and shuttle bus from there.
Home though, that's another thing...We were kinda drunk, only remember getting back to Hamburg 2 out of 3 nights. Once we paid some fella with a car 50ish euro to drive us 4 people back to Hamburg. Second night we got a lift with a bus full of finnish metalheads who droped us of somewhere in Hamburg, after some time not finding our hotel we took a cab 200m :)
Third night I have no idea how we made it back.
I'm not as young, nor careless anymore so I wouldn't do it again.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Did it back in 2008 with a few mates. We couldn't be arsed to camp back then because we were continuing our holiday for 2 more weeks in the netherlands and spain.

Home though, that's another thing...We were kinda drunk, only remember getting back to Hamburg 2 out of 3 nights. Once we paid some fella with a car 50ish euro to drive us 4 people back to Hamburg. Second night we got a lift with a bus full of finnish metalheads who droped us of somewhere in Hamburg, after some time not finding our hotel we took a cab 200m :)

Sounds exactly like I was expecting how staying in hamburg would go.

Milkie

W:O:A Metalmaster
23 Juli 2013
Hellsinki, Finland

Yeah sounds like way too much hassle... And to me it would be problem that the last shuttle bus leaves so early...

And yey, finnish metalheads! :p