First-timer

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

T-Lex

W:O:A Metalhead
10 Apr. 2015
Scotland
Hey everyone,

Never been to Wacken before so was wondering if some people could give me some tips for travelling and for when i'm there of things to bring/the costs of things/the weather/ travelling there.

Is it possible to pick up a cheap tent there or am I best bringing one with me? Just as i'm looking to fly over from Scotland and wondered what would be best.

Also how big is it in comparison to Bloodstock, Sonisphere or Download?

Cant wait! :D

(Sorry if this is the wrong place!)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Milkie

W:O:A Metalmaster
23 Juli 2013
Hellsinki, Finland
Hey everyone,

Never been to Wacken before so was wondering if some people could give me some tips for travelling and for when i'm there of things to bring/the costs of things/the weather/ travelling there.

Is it possible to pick up a cheap tent there or am I best bringing one with me? Just as i'm looking to fly over from Scotland and wondered what would be best.

Also how big is it in comparison to Bloodstock, Sonisphere or Download?

Cant wait! :D

(Sorry if this is the wrong place!)

http://forum.wacken.com/showthread.php?t=122556 Here you have info about who to get to Wacken.

And what to bring. It really depends on the person. Some people just bring themselves and money pretty much and purchase everything else in Wacken or on their way to Wacken.

Besides clothes and all that basic stuff I recommend bringing boots that are waterproof. Also bring toiletpaper because most of the time the toilets are out of paper. But I do think you can buy that at Wacken too so...

And Wacken has 75,000 visitors plus the bands and crew. Don't really know how big those other festivals are. :D

T-Lex

10 Apr. 2015
Scotland
http://forum.wacken.com/showthread.php?t=122556 Here you have info about who to get to Wacken.

And what to bring. It really depends on the person. Some people just bring themselves and money pretty much and purchase everything else in Wacken or on their way to Wacken.

Besides clothes and all that basic stuff I recommend bringing boots that are waterproof. Also bring toiletpaper because most of the time the toilets are out of paper. But I do think you can buy that at Wacken too so...

And Wacken has 75,000 visitors plus the bands and crew. Don't really know how big those other festivals are. :D

Hi there!

Thanks for the info :) how much is food there? and how are the toilets/showers? Just ill be away a week so a shower might be needed haha!

Yeah iv done quite alot of festivals before so know about the worth of good shoes and toilet paper haha Just never done one out of the UK :D

Also is there cash points to use in the arena?

(Sorry for all the questions)

Spartaner032

23 Juni 2011
Bad Bevensen

Well i willl take with me:
Mead
Beer
a 4 Person Tent (i wont leave it in Wacken)
Pullover (Bad Weather)
For Rain there is a Poncho in the FullMetalBag
Money (The Prices are high, 4€ für 0,3 Beer)

Alix

12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
Hey everyone,

The weather can be very unpredictable, from cold and rainy, to a heatwave, to a "perfect summer". I'm quite sensitive to the cold so I bring several warm layers to wear at once, but also pack a few shorts and singlets too. A poncho is included in the Full Metal Bag, but I like to bring an umbrella as well.

The closer to the stages you go, the more expensive food and drink gets. I would recommend getting as much food and as many beers as you can from the supermarkets before you get there or within the town of Wacken itself (very easy to find - there's one on the main road). The 24 markets on site are handy too, but a bit more expensive. I would make all efforts not to buy too many drinks near the stages (one for the commemorative cup at most). It's still cheaper than Bloodstock though; for many things, you're looking at paying half as many Euros for the number of Pounds you might expect to pay there, if you look in the right place.

I always bring everything with me (except a chair - not enough space for it). That all weighs in at around 17-18kg. But like every big festival, if you forget anything (other than your ticket/wallet/passport), you shouldn't have any issues.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
I guess it depends on how you're travelling to wacken too, and of course how much you are willing to spend in the first place
If you go by car just bring everything you can think of.

If you go by plane and dont care about money i'd say travel light.

T-Lex

10 Apr. 2015
Scotland
Thanks guys for all the info so far :)

Iv been to a few festivals before but not one abroad so know the need for good boots and toilet paper haha :p

I don't suppose anyone knows if there's tent shops near or in Hamburg as for bringing my tent over is going to cost over £60 which is crazy and if there cheap over there may as well buy one there. Ill be going by plane and many trains to get there so wont be able to take alot, is there any key things to bring or not to bring?

Good to know about it being cheaper than bloodstock, is there any good ciders there or good ones to pick up before going?

Also are you able to take Scottish flags, for hope to find my tent at night?

Lastly as being a girl i have the typical question of showers, what are they like?

(Thanks for all the reply's its really appreciated)

Ps. Whats the crowed like do people keep to themselves or will 2 Scottish girls fit in and find new friends? :D

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Milkie

23 Juli 2013
Hellsinki, Finland
Thanks guys for all the info so far :)

Iv been to a few festivals before but not one abroad so know the need for good boots and toilet paper haha :p

I don't suppose anyone knows if there's tent shops near or in Hamburg as for bringing my tent over is going to cost over £60 which is crazy and if there cheap over there may as well buy one there. Ill be going by plane and many trains to get there so wont be able to take alot, is there any key things to bring or not to bring?

Good to know about it being cheaper than bloodstock, is there any good ciders there or good ones to pick up before going?

Also are you able to take Scottish flags, for hope to find my tent at night?

Lastly as being a girl i have the typical question of showers, what are they like?

(Thanks for all the reply's its really appreciated)

Ps. Whats the crowed like do people keep to themselves or will 2 Scottish girls fit in and find new friends? :D

I'm quite sure there are some camping shops or something like that in Hamburg. Don't remember seeing one but that's because I wasn't looking for one either. :D

A lot of people bring some kind of flags. I'm not sure are flags poles allowed but some people do have those too. So yeah you can bring a flag. :)

Don't know about the showers because I didn't use them but usually they queue is really long and I don't really think it's worth the wait. I just washed my hair in one of the water points.

T-Lex

10 Apr. 2015
Scotland
I'm quite sure there are some camping shops or something like that in Hamburg. Don't remember seeing one but that's because I wasn't looking for one either. :D

A lot of people bring some kind of flags. I'm not sure are flags poles allowed but some people do have those too. So yeah you can bring a flag. :)

Don't know about the showers because I didn't use them but usually they queue is really long and I don't really think it's worth the wait. I just washed my hair in one of the water points.

Ah awesome, if theres water points i can use then thats fine :)
Yeah i dont have a pole but even a flag on the tent should help me out, dont want to end up sleeping in a grumpy persons tent by mistake haha!

from my experience, everyone gets real excited when they hear you're from scotland ;)

edit: be prepared for braveheart refences.

Ha thats great!! :D was worried what people may not understand me or worried it would put them off drinking with us etc.

Got to love the braveheart references, was tempted to take blue face paint for that reason. :p

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
First of all. .. showering is not heavy metal :o

Ok with that out off the way. You'll meet new friends faster than you can say "wackeeeeeeeennnnnn!!!!!!!"

and cider... i have never seen it in Germany but maybe that's because i always look for beer.

Doc Rock

Master of the Wind einer Dirne
27 Jan. 2011
Göttingen
Where are you from in Scotland? Two guys in our camp, both with several years of Wacken experience, are flying over from the UK, one from Edinburgh (I used to live in Edinburgh as well). Both fly in to Hamburg by plane and bring their tents and even chairs along, and I'm pretty sure they don't pay anything near 60 quid for that. Maybe I can get you in touch?

T-Lex

10 Apr. 2015
Scotland
First of all. .. showering is not heavy metal :o

Ok with that out off the way. You'll meet new friends faster than you can say "wackeeeeeeeennnnnn!!!!!!!"

and cider... i have never seen it in Germany but maybe that's because i always look for beer.

Haha it may not be heavy metal but i need to wash the caked in sun cream cause of my eczema or my skin goes crazy.
But thanks letting me know about the cider :) May just need to check out all the beer iv been hearing about :D

Where are you from in Scotland? Two guys in our camp, both with several years of Wacken experience, are flying over from the UK, one from Edinburgh (I used to live in Edinburgh as well). Both fly in to Hamburg by plane and bring their tents and even chairs along, and I'm pretty sure they don't pay anything near 60 quid for that. Maybe I can get you in touch?

Oh awesome, if you could find out that would be great! :D Im flying from either Edinburgh or Aberdeen, depends which is cheaper next month when i book it.

Doc Rock

Master of the Wind einer Dirne
27 Jan. 2011
Göttingen
Oh awesome, if you could find out that would be great! :D Im flying from either Edinburgh or Aberdeen, depends which is cheaper next month when i book it.

Will ask. Easyjet flies from Edi to Hamburg, but in addition you might want to consider Ryanair from Edi to Bremen, which is only 30 min from Hamburg by train. Can be cheaper overall (or more convenient times). I know our pal from Edi did that two years ago. He already arrived the Sunday before Wacken though, as we always do the whole week in Wacken for the full experience. :D

T-Lex

10 Apr. 2015
Scotland
Will ask. Easyjet flies from Edi to Hamburg, but in addition you might want to consider Ryanair from Edi to Bremen, which is only 30 min from Hamburg by train. Can be cheaper overall (or more convenient times). I know our pal from Edi did that two years ago. He already arrived the Sunday before Wacken though, as we always do the whole week in Wacken for the full experience. :D

Yeah iv noticed its almost £100 difference so might be good to go to Bremen and train it over. I looked but there's no flights on the Sunday just the Monday to Monday, which gives me a day to get prepared for the trip to BOA haha!
Will be crazy 2 weeks! :D
Would love to of stayed longer as it will be my first time away with my friend, Is there anything i should definitely check out while in Hamburg?
Also is there any chance of the shops in Wacken running out of booze?