Cheering for murder? (Emperor)

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

odog502

27 Okt. 2013
Does anyone else have a problem with Faust being back in Emperor for their Wacken performance? While I was at first looking forward to see Emperor perform I don't think I can cheer for a guy that killed a man simply because the victim was gay. Also, It seems contradictory to have "Metalheads Against Racism" emblazoned on the main Wacken page(preaching tolerance) and at the same time have a headliner that murdered a gay man on impulse.

While Im aware that Emperor as a whole have a colorful criminal history, I consider unprovoked murder to be on a different level as arson.

Is Faust getting special treatment in the eyes of the fans simply because he was on "Nightside Eclipse". Would everyone still be chanting "Em-per-or!" if they put Anders Behring Breivik on bass?

EvilJay

W:O:A Metalmaster
19 Dez. 2009
Bochum/Sauerland
In German forum we had this discussion, too.
For me it would be a problem. But a lot of people used "but the music is great" as an argument, which is totally crap.

I really think that the people from woa do not care about it, because Emperor guarantees that many people visit the festival. It is all about the profits.

tempestas

W:O:A Metalhead
13 Aug. 2012
Please enlighten me: Have Frei.Wild band members ever killed someone?

Anyways, naming other bands appears as a distraction from the more than valid general question.

It indeed feels strange to have a convicted murderer on stage with thousands cheering. Appears not to be a very clever decision and it is totally contradictory to anything Wacken claims to be/stand for.

"I was outside, just waiting to get out some aggression. It's not easy to describe why it happened. It was meant to happen, and if it was this man or another man, that's not really important

I rest my case.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Milkie

W:O:A Metalmaster
23 Juli 2013
Hellsinki, Finland
eh, grey area? there's a difference between listening to a band/admiring their music and supporting them by going to shows, buying their stuff...

Yeah. I don't really know what to think of that topic. But also I think if he still continued being nutcase he wouldn't be in Emperor anymore. I don't know.

Sire

W:O:A Metalhead
5 Aug. 2013
Holstein; Nordreich
eh I still see people wearing Burzum shirts/patches... some people just don't care I guess...

Well I've got a Burzum Patch (Hvis Lyset Tar Oss) too, but i would never go to a show of them because of Varg Vikernes.
I love the old burzum because of the music and atmosphere but i think that Varg is a dumbass.
I don't glorify him or his views but respect the influence Burzum has on the Black metal scene.

Well that Faust is on Stage is a point i dont really like.
Guess i should check out the german discussion too

MetalWack

2 Juli 2014
Niedersachsen
It´s a shame. They should not be allowed to play @ woa. It´s not "only" he killed a guy (which should be reason enough), he also represents a homophobic mind