Thread for Irish people.

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Elektricat

4 Aug. 2013
Hey everyone!

So... My housemate just burst through the front door today, took a deep breath whilst bolstering his chest and made a proposition to us.

"Tickets go online for Wacken soon. Who wants to come with?"

This was a rhetorical question. My eyes lit up and my heart started fluttering.

"TO THE INTERNETS!" I proclaimed, as I powered up my PC to start researching travel to the Metal Mecca of the world.

Unfortunately, however, Aer Lingus and Ryanair aren't very informative about how to get to Hamburg from Irish airports.

Has anyone here ever gone to Wacken from Ireland before?
How did you do it and how much did it cost?

Darkfang

W:O:A Metalhead
I'm not from Ireland but it's always a pleasure to help a fellow metalhead.

how about cheapflights (dot) co (dot) uk

I searched for "ireland (dublin) hamburg" on Goodle and a took the 2nd link. 133euro with Aer Lingus. Not bad, but the price was for october 2013 but at least, you have the price range

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Bomberman

6 Aug. 2009
Dublin
Hey everyone!

So... My housemate just burst through the front door today, took a deep breath whilst bolstering his chest and made a proposition to us.

"Tickets go online for Wacken soon. Who wants to come with?"

This was a rhetorical question. My eyes lit up and my heart started fluttering.

"TO THE INTERNETS!" I proclaimed, as I powered up my PC to start researching travel to the Metal Mecca of the world.

Unfortunately, however, Aer Lingus and Ryanair aren't very informative about how to get to Hamburg from Irish airports.

Has anyone here ever gone to Wacken from Ireland before?
How did you do it and how much did it cost?

aer lingus flight to hamburg (from dublin), woa shuttle bus from hamburg airport to wacken or train from hamburg to itzehoe and shuttle bus from itzehoe to wacken…check the prices on aerlingus.com, deutsche bahn and the woa site…have made it to wacken from dublin three times myself so far...

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Elektricat

4 Aug. 2013
Hey everyone!

Thanks a million for your replies and help!

Bomberman, I imagine getting the train to Itzehoe first would be nicer. Long bus journeys are never fun (going by plenty of bus eireann experiences).

So freakin excited about this!

Bomberman

6 Aug. 2009
Dublin
Hey everyone!

[...]
Bomberman, I imagine getting the train to Itzehoe first would be nicer. Long bus journeys are never fun (going by plenty of bus eireann experiences).
[...]

yes, totally agree, bus journeys tend to suck balls like little else...
the bus just saves you time as it takes you straight to the festival whereas the train solution is subway to train station, train and shuttle bus...but certainly more (potential) fun...

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
aer lingus flight to hamburg (from dublin), woa shuttle bus from hamburg airport to wacken or train from hamburg to itzehoe and shuttle bus from itzehoe to wacken…check the prices on aerlingus.com, deutsche bahn and the woa site…have made it to wacken from dublin three times myself so far...

Don't forget to mention from Hamburg ALTONA, not from Hauptbahnhof.
There are more trains to Itzehoe from Altona.

And the S-Bahn (City train) starts in Hamburg Airport nowadays.

But the Sticky tells you more than enough. :) (should probably update it once :D)