Who would you like to see replace Motorhead on the bill?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Tri-6

W:O:A Metalhead
13 Aug. 2012
St. Louis, MO USA
Since it appears Lemmy and the boys have cancelled the rest of their European tour this summer.

My main vote would be fore King Diamond if they can get him. Secondary pick would be Judas Priest. Of course I'd love to see Blind Guardian added to the bill but I don't have much hope of that since they aren't doing much this year. I'd say Iron Maiden but I'm seeing them in September, of course one can never see Maiden too many times. It must be legends of similar status and not some new crap band IMO.

Tri-6

13 Aug. 2012
St. Louis, MO USA
Unfortunately they have announced on Facebook that the health problems that Lemmy has been dealing with have forced the cancellation of the rest of the tour, they had already cancelled several dates. :(

ThunderZtorm

10 Aug. 2011
Copenhagen, Denmark
Yeah, Motorhead will not be joining us this year I'm afraid.

I'd be hoping for Maiden myself, but I doubt it's doable since they're doing the big London gigs on the 3rd and 4th - but who knows, maybe Flight 666 will be able to pull it off :D

King Diamond should also be available based on his tour calendar.

Somehow I fear we'll get a minor German band as replacement due to the very short notice though.

Tri-6

13 Aug. 2012
St. Louis, MO USA
Yeah, Motorhead will not be joining us this year I'm afraid.

I'd be hoping for Maiden myself, but I doubt it's doable since they're doing the big London gigs on the 3rd and 4th - but who knows, maybe Flight 666 will be able to pull it off :D

King Diamond should also be available based on his tour calendar.

Somehow I fear we'll get a minor German band as replacement due to the very short notice though.

That would just be brutal. :(

raylouie

13 Mai 2013
Colorado
I hope they play but when they said they were cancelling the European festival dates I figured that included Wacken.

From this http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news...mer_lemmy_is_not_doing_so_well_right_now.html

The article does say "some european dates" and nothing official has been said by Wacken though.

WOA will probably wait until they've secured a replacement before announcing Motorhead pulling out though.
And I'm a little disappointed. Been looking forward to seeing Motorhead.

Tri-6

13 Aug. 2012
St. Louis, MO USA
I've seen Motorhead twice in the past few years and they rocked . Love to see them again before Lemmy has to call it quits. But if they got good enough of a replacement I would be fine. Pretty much the only bands I really dig on this bill are Anthrax, Motorhead, Amorphis, & Candlemass...so I'd hate to see Lemmy and the Boys drop off without someone kick ass replacing them.