The liquor situation at Wacken.

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Tri-6

W:O:A Metalhead
13 Aug. 2012
St. Louis, MO USA
A lot of beer tents and stands I take it? Cheap? Good beer, or just cheap German stuff? Plenty of booze to buy in the town? Just getting a feel as we approach.

Alix

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
A lot of beer tents and stands I take it? Cheap? Good beer, or just cheap German stuff? Plenty of booze to buy in the town? Just getting a feel as we approach.

The cheapest beers you will find outside the festival areas. Slightly more expensive beer is available cold and/or in the "supermarket" areas within the festival areas. All beverages sold near the stages/in the beer gardens are quite expensive.

Overall, apart from Beck's, these kinds of beers are generally the most readily available:
t32d76e_5_0beer.jpg

woabier_small.jpg

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Thanks. Sounds like a standard concert, buy beers up at the show area and pay though the nose for it.

You can go to the local supermarket andbuy your beer there, as long as it isn't in glass. Just know that German cans have a deposit on then me 25cents per can! And also that one is willing to take those forty camp!

A warned persons values 2, as the Dutch say.

Tri-6

13 Aug. 2012
St. Louis, MO USA
Will there be anywhere to purchase a cheap cooler and ice at the festival? either in the village or at the festival grounds? I'll drink warm beer by the case if it comes to that but I'd rather not.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Will there be anywhere to purchase a cheap cooler and ice at the festival? either in the village or at the festival grounds? I'll drink warm beer by the case if it comes to that but I'd rather not.

no coolers as far as I know, but you can get ice.
just throw it in a bucket or something and it'll last a day (while your beer is cooling in it)

Colamann3798

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 Apr. 2003
nich mehr Münster :(
www.dongopenair.de
no coolers as far as I know, but you can get ice.
just throw it in a bucket or something and it'll last a day (while your beer is cooling in it)

Was gonna suggest the same. ;) I think the price was 2,50€ per bag last time I bought it.

Prices in town will be better than at the festival area, but you will spend a lot of time waiting in line. The two local supermarkets were built with a population of about 2.000 in mind. ;)

UltimoAviso

15 Aug. 2012
California, USA

Rarely did I ever find cold beer, warm beer there is far superior to cold here. You acquire a taste for it there, at least I did. (also if getting water from a vendor specify "gas" (carbonated) or "no gas" (straight water))

Tri-6

13 Aug. 2012
St. Louis, MO USA
Rarely did I ever find cold beer, warm beer there is far superior to cold here. You acquire a taste for it there, at least I did. (also if getting water from a vendor specify "gas" (carbonated) or "no gas" (straight water))

I like various imported German beers but I'm really a craft beer nut/hop head so I'm not a guy who needs ice cold cans of shit beer. And I enjoy cask ale which is served at cellar temps so I should be cool. I figure since it gets chilly at night that will probably keep the beer cool enough. :D

Of course I'm looking forward while over there for 2 weeks to try some of the more quality local German brews they don't ship to the US. I love a nice pilsner with a hop bite.

Thanks for the tips! Prost!