Flying out of Hamburg airport

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

peteynice

31 März 2013
So, I booked the 4:30AM transfer to Hamburg Airport on 8/4. The web site says it takes 1:45. Let's round and say 2 hours. If anyone has done that before is that a safe estimate? If I am checking bags what is the earliest flight I could hope to make in Hamburg?

Thanks!

Alix

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
So, I booked the 4:30AM transfer to Hamburg Airport on 8/4. The web site says it takes 1:45. Let's round and say 2 hours. If anyone has done that before is that a safe estimate? If I am checking bags what is the earliest flight I could hope to make in Hamburg?

Thanks!

I wouldn't even contemplate a flight that leaves before 9am. You can always hope that things will go according to plan, but it doesn't always happen that way, so you should always have a plan for things to go wrong on the day, just in case. Do you know your options yet? If flights are frequent, I'd probably aim for 10am or later. After 4 days at Wacken you will be knackered anyway (trust me), so don't even try to rush things like travel/flights.

peteynice

31 März 2013
Thank you! I have an option of a 9AM through Amsterdam or a 10:55AM through Paris. I was leaning towards the 9AM simply because I hate Paris airport but will suck it up.