First time Wacken question, do they normally announce more bands at this point?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Tri-6

W:O:A Metalhead
13 Aug. 2012
St. Louis, MO USA
Just curious. Some great stuff but...

I know last year Edguy was a surprise band, is that an annual thing announcing a big headliner late?

Thanks for any info. Making my first trip across the pond and trying to find out if this is the "final lineup" barring cancellations or stuff like that. \m/

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien

I know last year Edguy was a surprise band, is that an annual thing announcing a big headliner late?

Thanks for any info. Making my first trip across the pond and trying to find out if this is the "final lineup" barring cancellations or stuff like that. \m/

As far as I can tell,there'll be a surprise act.
But only time can really tell.

Alix

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia

Judging by the number of bands in previous years, my guess is that they're about half way into the announcements :)

Tri-6

13 Aug. 2012
St. Louis, MO USA
Cool thanks! I was just trying to figure out if maybe anymore big bands, or just cool smaller bands, would be announced. Thanks for the info!

Tri-6

13 Aug. 2012
St. Louis, MO USA
I'm just going to hope that there is a decent surprise act announced like last year. One more good band would really help pick this bill up. I guess that's the problem with a festival that sells out as quick as Wacken, you have to buy before you know the vast majority of the acts. I've got people telling me to cancel and go to Hellfest instead but I don't want to go to France and I've wanted to hit Wacken for a long time.

I know I'll have a lot of fun regardless.

Thanks for the replies.

Alix

12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
I'm just going to hope that there is a decent surprise act announced like last year. One more good band would really help pick this bill up. I guess that's the problem with a festival that sells out as quick as Wacken, you have to buy before you know the vast majority of the acts. I've got people telling me to cancel and go to Hellfest instead but I don't want to go to France and I've wanted to hit Wacken for a long time.

I know I'll have a lot of fun regardless.

Thanks for the replies.

It does seem to sell out quicker each year but the reason it sold out ridiculously quick for this year was the Rammstein announcement. I'm guessing this is your first Wacken? If it's anything like my first Wacken you'll have lots of fun regardless of whether you see any bands or not :ugly:

Tri-6

13 Aug. 2012
St. Louis, MO USA
Does the Rammstein fanbase and the Wacken fanbase overlap a lot? I know little of Rammstein beyond Du Hast and they like to set themselves on fire.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Does the Rammstein fanbase and the Wacken fanbase overlap a lot? I know little of Rammstein beyond Du Hast and they like to set themselves on fire.

I don't exactly know what you mean, but what I do know: go see Rammstein, and make your own opinoin.

Their shows are beautiful. Most times they won't say much though, but since they're playing in Germany, I don't know if it's a bit different.

And don't worry if you only know "Du hast", that'll work out.

It will be crowded though. Be prepared to arrive ON TIME and to have some difficulties to get back to the camp ground if you leave at the same time as everyone else!

Tri-6

13 Aug. 2012
St. Louis, MO USA
Actually I did see them back in 1997/98 at a show opening up for Korn, hey I went with friends with a free ticket! Anyway the show was fun to watch but the music wasn't really my thing. But it was a short set.

Alix

12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia

The only German festival I've been to so far where Rammstein wasn't played to death in the campgrounds where I stayed was Headbangers Open Air so probably yes. I think any given Rammstein song came second last year to this as far as number of plays: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTjfrUxbUfs

The weird thing is everyone keeps telling me "Germans hate Rammstein" which seems to be almost as accurate a statement as "Australians love AC/DC".

Koldawne

31 Aug. 2012
Aylmer, Quebec Canada
It's funny because the band that actually made me but Wacken tickets even before Rammstein was announced was Sabaton. We missed the only concert they ever did in Canada close to us and I guess we were looking for another reason to go back to Europe :p Rammstein was a super bonus!