Any Belgians here take the Metal Bus to Wacken?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Norick

28 Juni 2011
Hawaii, USA
I will be visiting Belgium before Wacken and was wondering if anyone had any info on the MetalBus.nl trip to Wacken from Liege. It says it's leaving at 11am July 30 but no estimated arrival time. Also, there is no info on the bus itself to see how much stuff we can take with us. Anyone have any experience with travel like this from Belgium? Would hate to take several trains all the way up there for an entire day's trip...

By the by, anyone from Belgium who might be able to give some pointers on getting around the country? I'm wanting to visit the trappist abbeys of Chimay, Rochefort, and St. Sixtus at the end of July, at least to take pictures if not to also take some awesome beer with me to Wacken for my sustenance.:D

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
I will be visiting Belgium before Wacken and was wondering if anyone had any info on the MetalBus.nl trip to Wacken from Liege. It says it's leaving at 11am July 30 but no estimated arrival time. Also, there is no info on the bus itself to see how much stuff we can take with us. Anyone have any experience with travel like this from Belgium? Would hate to take several trains all the way up there for an entire day's trip...

By the by, anyone from Belgium who might be able to give some pointers on getting around the country? I'm wanting to visit the trappist abbeys of Chimay, Rochefort, and St. Sixtus at the end of July, at least to take pictures if not to also take some awesome beer with me to Wacken for my sustenance.:D

About the bus.. I haven't got the faintest idea. I don't go anymore and the lats time I went, I took the train from Eindhoven (NL) as I lived in Neerpelt at that time.

For the trappist tour, if you have an address, you can check on www.belgianrail.be (in NL, FR, DE & EN), to see how to get there. I know it's not easy to do a guided tour in Chimay (Sprimont), and in Rochefort it won't be easy either. Nonetheless you can see the surroundings of course, and buy the beers.

Best way to travel, if you go by train: if you're (all) under 25yrs, take a GO PASS. (10 single trips between 2 Belgian stations), if one is over 25, RAIL PASS is the same. (but more expensive) Or take a EURAIL PASS, but you buy that in the USA already, not over here! (should be easy to find)
For the bus: www.infotec.be (FR, NL, DE, EN) in Wallonia and www.delijn.be (NL, FR, EN) in Flanders and www.stib.be (FR, NL, EN) in Brussels.

Be aware that you cannot bring GLASS onto the campground in Wacken!! The trappist beers however are only bottled in glass.

And... Chimay celebrates its 150th anniversairy. A special edition is brewed for that occasion. CHIMAY CENT CINQUANTE. I don't know if it'll be on sale then, so far it isn't.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Norick

28 Juni 2011
Hawaii, USA
Damn, I forgot about the glass thing... Oh well. Thanks for the links and I'll be sure to check them out. I was also going to get more info from the hotel I would be staying at. Definitely over 25, and I'm in America right now so I was going to get a EU Rail pass like I did before.

So looking forward to Belgium ale after my jaunt through Bamberg and Nurenberg though. I can't wait!

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Damn, I forgot about the glass thing... Oh well. Thanks for the links and I'll be sure to check them out. I was also going to get more info from the hotel I would be staying at. Definitely over 25, and I'm in America right now so I was going to get a EU Rail pass like I did before.

So looking forward to Belgium ale after my jaunt through Bamberg and Nurenberg though. I can't wait!

so you live on hawaii? do you know a guy called adam who's been to wacken?

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien

If you need anything more, let me know. It's easy to find out for me as I live here. Also I've been to W:O:A 13x so...

@AP, sinds wanneer ben jij Belg? :confused::ugly::D