Where are the Aussies? - 2012

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Whishy

27 Juni 2012
Gday, (LMAO had to do it),

So where are all my Australian friends heading to Wacken?

Me and a mate are heading over, to which this is our first time to Europe! Not sure what to expect so ill have a search around. But if there is any tips or info that anyone would like to share, or if there is an Aussie contingent worth sticking it with, please do let me know!

Cannot Wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:ugly:

wackyv8

31 Okt. 2008
australia
hi there whishy .
the other aussie thread in here has been surprisingly quiet since WOA 22 ( last year). im heading over again this year (my 5th W.O.A), and meeting a few fellow aussies on the way . if you've any questions , post 'em up in here , and we'll try to sort ya out. otherwise all the other stuff is mentioned in the stickys.

Whishy

27 Juni 2012
Thanks Whacky.

Yeah I have been doing quite a bit of reading, I suppose theres not much to ask after reading the stickies.

Couple of Q's I have which I havent been able to find much on:
- Whats the best way to go about having your phone work in Eurpope?
- Best Pub in Hamburg?
- Cost per Beer at Wacken? (I drink Becks lol)

That just about covers it haha!! Would love to meet the Aussie Contingent though.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Thanks Whacky.

Yeah I have been doing quite a bit of reading, I suppose theres not much to ask after reading the stickies.

Couple of Q's I have which I havent been able to find much on:
- Whats the best way to go about having your phone work in Eurpope?
- Best Pub in Hamburg?
- Cost per Beer at Wacken? (I drink Becks lol)

That just about covers it haha!! Would love to meet the Aussie Contingent though.

No Aussi, but I'm still trying.

-Your phone must work in EU. (900/1800Hz network)
-I don't know
-€3.50 per 0.4L and €1 deposit on the mug/cub/whatever. For a LITER mug it's €3 deposit, and €7 I think.

Alix

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
Gday, (LMAO had to do it),

So where are all my Australian friends heading to Wacken?

Me and a mate are heading over, to which this is our first time to Europe! Not sure what to expect so ill have a search around. But if there is any tips or info that anyone would like to share, or if there is an Aussie contingent worth sticking it with, please do let me know!

Cannot Wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:ugly:

Heya :) I only know one Aussie going to Wacken this year so it'd be nice to run into a few more!

Whats the best way to go about having your phone work in Eurpope?
I'm with Telstra and my little pre-paid brick worked just dandily :) Rates are obviously much higher (including calls that are free in Australia like checking credit balance, recharging, etc.) but I'm no chatterbox. When I was out of credit Telstra sent me a text with instructions on how to reload with no credit (having my brother "on call" via facebook was my saving grace).

Best Pub in Hamburg?
Seriously, save your liver when you're in Hamburg :p May as well stick to a bistro bar if you're still keen for drinks.

Cost per Beer at Wacken? (I drink Becks lol)
If you have a vagina - nothing :p Local brew I hear is extremely cheap from the supermarket, but don't quote me cos I only paid for 1 beer in the market area the entire time (back then it worked out to AUS$4.50 for pretty much a pint).

Nemesiss

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 März 2006
Nederland
I can teach you. You've got 3 to choose from:
1. Neutral/pompus
2. Houso/bogan
3. Prime Minister

Once you've got enough piss into me 1 will no longer be an option :p

hahaha. I think with just spending some time with "real" aussies I will get the accent down. Anything I can practice now?? :D