WOA... What about more real bands?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Pintelho

9 Dez. 2010
Hello. What about confirming real bands? I guess this fest is soon going to lose the title of "king of the metal fests" to Hellfest, or even Summer Breeze. If you guys continue to bet on less-known bands, that's what surely gonna happen, isn't it?

bier_baron

W:O:A Metalmaster
6 Aug. 2008
yeah, das somebody know ozzy osbourne?

never heard about him...:confused:

judas priest...they must be newcomer:confused:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Captain Ahab

W:O:A Metalhead
3 Feb. 2010
Niederrhein
I can definetely understand what he wants to say. If I stay up until 0:00 and the calendar band is Hayseed Dixie or Ski King or Stier or Russkaja.... I'm pissed.
We got 2 Black Metal Bands, A whole lot of Heavy and Thrash Bands, some Hardcore and everything, but except the 2 Black Bands, there is no extreme Metal like Death or Doom. Show me the Metalhead sitting at home and waiting for the new band whos claiming out "WOW! SKI KING! IVE ALWAYS WANTED TO SEE THAT GUY AT THE BIGGEST METAL FESTIVAL ON EARTH!" I at least would suggest not to put such bands into the calendar but to confirm them alongside. Maybe in that case a lot of people wouldnt be that disaffected and would give it a try.

Hirnschlacht

14 Mai 2007
Oumpfgard
I can definetely understand what he wants to say. If I stay up until 0:00 and the calendar band is Hayseed Dixie or Ski King or Stier or Russkaja.... I'm pissed.
We got 2 Black Metal Bands, A whole lot of Heavy and Thrash Bands, some Hardcore and everything, but except the 2 Black Bands, there is no extreme Metal like Death or Doom. Show me the Metalhead sitting at home and waiting for the new band whos claiming out "WOW! SKI KING! IVE ALWAYS WANTED TO SEE THAT GUY AT THE BIGGEST METAL FESTIVAL ON EARTH!" I at least would suggest not to put such bands into the calendar but to confirm them alongside. Maybe in that case a lot of people wouldnt be that disaffected and would give it a try.

Me and my Chummer did it! :o

Dosenbyr

12 Sep. 2008

Blöderweise haben diese "Spaßkapellen" ,wie sie hier genannt werden, in den letzten Jahren teilweise vor weit mehr Publikum gespielt, als die oft hier geforderten Extrem-Metalbands. Speziell die Mittelalterbühne war oft voller als das Zelt. Davor darf man die Augen nicht verschließen. Der extrem Metal hat zahlenmässig halt weniger Fans als der Mainstream und dem trägt der Veranstalter halt Rechnung. Es ist doch prinzipiell auch sinnvoller, möglichst viele Bands zu präsentieren, die jeweils für einen möglichst großen Teil der Besucher interessant sind.

Und von den genannten Bands wird keine einzige auf einer der 4 "Metalbühnen" spielen. Lasst die doch mal machen. Judas Priest war ein ungeplasntes Bonbon, das kann man an den kurzfristigen Reaktionen vom Graspop und vom Swedenrock erkennen. Wer weiß denn, was die Wackenorga noch geplant im Köcher hat. Ich finde es nicht schlimm wenns aktuell etwas unbekannter ist, und dann am Ende wieder bekannter. Es werden schon keine 50 Bands dieser Kategorie kommen :cool:;)

Ravenheart

15 Apr. 2009
Hello. What about confirming real bands? I guess this fest is soon going to lose the title of "king of the metal fests" to Hellfest, or even Summer Breeze. If you guys continue to bet on less-known bands, that's what surely gonna happen, isn't it?

just 26 bands confirmed, many more to come.
let's wait and see. I still have hope, there will be bigger bands like motörhead, maybe in flames, children of boddom, dimmu borgir, helloween (?!), accept...

duliga.de

22 Nov. 2009

If you see whats been announced for Summer Breeze, there is still hope.
Metalfest by the way has for half the price way better lineup.
Thursday is ok with Priest and Ozzy atm, but there must be some names till xmas, if they wont to sell out (;)) this earliy again.

Ravenheart

15 Apr. 2009
summer breeze?! where are the "real bands" there?

metalfest: oh, yes, you're reight. saxon will be there, who would never play in wacken. and rage! nice guys, though they didn't come to wacken for a looong time. who else? amon amarth. can't imagine pagan-viking-death-metal would be right for little wacken. cradle of filth - you're so right, they are so much bigger than immortal, who played at the woa this year. oh my god! this metalfest billing ist the greatest I've ever heard of!!! :eek:

duliga.de

22 Nov. 2009

Did i say that these bands must play Wacken :rolleyes:
It is true that they all played last 2 years. But we were talking about names in general.
But it is also true that the current announcements are lame:p

Ravenheart

15 Apr. 2009
in fact the woa-billing ist good so far: ozzy, priest, blind guardian, sepultura, airbourne, apocalyptica, avantasia. they`re all "big" or "bigger" names. I agree, there is still a lack of bands like dimmu borgir, in flames, children of boddom e.g. it's also true, that a lot of the announcments in the last days were lame, but all in all, the billing sounds good to me and I'm sure there will be some great news for the main stages soon...

Arno van Loo

10 Dez. 2009
München
I cannot help but compare it to last years advent calendar. There was a massive amount of bands that I didn't know of, but at this years WOA I was so busy, I hardly had any time to. I suppose its good that these smaller bands are here, because otherwise the same would happen next year.
With the bands that have already signed up, its already enough to keep anyone busy for a while.
However, it is true that last year's bands have at least had videos on youtube and had websites, which are absent to a number of bands this year. I hope it ends here as well!
(Heaven Shall Burn was an excellent choice though. I really want to join the massive mosh that was there in 2009=P)

Captain Ahab

3 Feb. 2010
Niederrhein
Blöderweise haben diese "Spaßkapellen" ,wie sie hier genannt werden, in den letzten Jahren teilweise vor weit mehr Publikum gespielt, als die oft hier geforderten Extrem-Metalbands. Speziell die Mittelalterbühne war oft voller als das Zelt. Davor darf man die Augen nicht verschließen. Der extrem Metal hat zahlenmässig halt weniger Fans als der Mainstream und dem trägt der Veranstalter halt Rechnung. Es ist doch prinzipiell auch sinnvoller, möglichst viele Bands zu präsentieren, die jeweils für einen möglichst großen Teil der Besucher interessant sind.

Und von den genannten Bands wird keine einzige auf einer der 4 "Metalbühnen" spielen. Lasst die doch mal machen. Judas Priest war ein ungeplasntes Bonbon, das kann man an den kurzfristigen Reaktionen vom Graspop und vom Swedenrock erkennen. Wer weiß denn, was die Wackenorga noch geplant im Köcher hat. Ich finde es nicht schlimm wenns aktuell etwas unbekannter ist, und dann am Ende wieder bekannter. Es werden schon keine 50 Bands dieser Kategorie kommen :cool:;)

Ok but the last point I pointed at is not deniable :o

And about the Headliners btw: I dont like them at all. But i guess it must be some 70s 80s shit cos the extreme Metal bands that started in the 90s are too small.
For now I'm still waiting for Death and Doom Bands.