W:O:A survey about Circle Pits, Wall of Death and Crowd Surfing

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Arno van Loo

W:O:A Metalhead
10 Dez. 2009
München
Done, and if I may add some arguments;
1. Literally anyone can crowd-surf, the only ones who dislike it are the ones carrying people that have never crowd-surfed before.
2. Walls of Death simply look bad. I have been in many, and have never seen anyone get severely injured.
3. I find it quite more than a coincidence that this ban should happen just after the "love parade" incident. There is not a such a large crowd here, and they have MUCH more space. Stating that it happened once doesn't mean that massive crowds shouldn't be allowed to be excited everywhere in Germany. You were doing walls of death and circle pits the whole time until now, and I haven't found any reports about fatal casualties (I may be wrong there, but if I was then you people hid it quite well).
4. IMAGINE THE FOLLOWING BANDS WITHOUT CIRCLE PITS OR WALLS OF DEATH ! WHERE IS THE THINKING IN ALL THIS???
- Heaven Shall Burn
- Cannibal Corpse
- Caliban
- Kreator
- Any BIG band! Most bands this year ended up screwing the rules and doing circle pits anyway, like Soulfly! That was the best part!

As a conclusion, I know you Wacken-Workers are concerned for our safety, but please just take into account the number of middle fingers the announcer received when he set forth the ban for the first time. :)p) I am just saying that, we know that there may be consequences for what we are doing, but we love it all the more for that.
PLEASE READ THIS

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Done, and if I may add some arguments;
1. Literally anyone can crowd-surf, the only ones who dislike it are the ones carrying people that have never crowd-surfed before.
2. Walls of Death simply look bad. I have been in many, and have never seen anyone get severely injured.
3. I find it quite more than a coincidence that this ban should happen just after the "love parade" incident. There is not a such a large crowd here, and they have MUCH more space. Stating that it happened once doesn't mean that massive crowds shouldn't be allowed to be excited everywhere in Germany. You were doing walls of death and circle pits the whole time until now, and I haven't found any reports about fatal casualties (I may be wrong there, but if I was then you people hid it quite well).
4. IMAGINE THE FOLLOWING BANDS WITHOUT CIRCLE PITS OR WALLS OF DEATH ! WHERE IS THE THINKING IN ALL THIS???
- Heaven Shall Burn
- Cannibal Corpse
- Caliban
- Kreator
- Any BIG band! Most bands this year ended up screwing the rules and doing circle pits anyway, like Soulfly! That was the best part!

As a conclusion, I know you Wacken-Workers are concerned for our safety, but please just take into account the number of middle fingers the announcer received when he set forth the ban for the first time. :)p) I am just saying that, we know that there may be consequences for what we are doing, but we love it all the more for that.
PLEASE READ THIS

I'll say it again.

If POLITICS are involved, you just stand at the site line, and 'accept'!
Punt aan de lijn.

As about the middle finger, no one got hurt from a middle finger.

no remorse

19 Aug. 2009
Schweiz - Gögelland
www.restock.ch
- Heaven Shall Burn
- Cannibal Corpse
- Caliban
- Kreator

I got no problem to imagine a gig from Kreator without a wall of death! At thrash-metal concerts normally you've got only mosh- and circlepits! (except exodus, they do everything:D)

Muloc7253

11 Okt. 2010
I can sort of understand their concern with Love Parade, but that's a totally different situation. That was people rioting trying to get through a tiny entrance, trampling one another.

This is just people running at each other. It's no different from rugby or American football, or the kind of games you play on the playground as a child. I've never seen anyone get seriously hurt in a wall of death or circle pit, and I've never seen anyone get involved that didn't want to be part of it. They're easily avoidable.