Cooking your own food

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Ustedalen

5 Dez. 2006
Cheers folks

This is going to be me third time at Wacken, but this year we’re arriving on Monday instead of Wednesday. I guess you can’t buy any food at the festival ground until the festival is officially opened, and a few of my friends I’m traveling with are vegetarian (and their options on the choice of food are rather limited). So we’ve figured out that we’re going to cook our own meals.
We’re bringing a few spirit burners and camping stoves, but for that we need denatured alcohol (Vergällung in German, according to Wikipedia). The problem is that this is really illegal to bring on a plane, even in checked luggage.
Is this possible to buy in Wacken? If, where?

We’re also thinking about buying a few grills, do you think the Wacken Store still have them on Monday 2 of August?
What about food at the supermarket (like soups for the spirit burners, meat for the grills), are they normally sold out after a few days?

Thanks. ;)

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
You ought to get everything you need at the supermarkets in the village of Wacken. Denatured alcohol is called Spiritus or Brennspiritus in German, I'm quite sure they sell that stuff. DO NOT use it for lighting grills, though. :D

At the supermarket, they ought to have grills and charcoal etc. as well - possibly cheaper than the "official" Wacken stuff - and definitely if you come as early as Monday.

After 20 years of WOA, the supermarkets know they need to order enough food and drinks, so usually you will always find what you need. :)

Heavy-D

You ought to get everything you need at the supermarkets in the village of Wacken. Denatured alcohol is called Spiritus or Brennspiritus in German, I'm quite sure they sell that stuff. DO NOT use it for lighting grills, though. :D

At the supermarket, they ought to have grills and charcoal etc. as well - possibly cheaper than the "official" Wacken stuff - and definitely if you come as early as Monday.

After 20 years of WOA, the supermarkets know they need to order enough food and drinks, so usually you will always find what you need. :)

be informed that open flames aren't allowed on the camping grounds, so make sure everything is safe.

also, there are a few locations where you can go out to eat, not far from the small edeka in ''center'' wacken there are a few small restaurants and a larger one, they had some very good vegetarian meals last year, no vegan meals.

Kate McGee

13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
Grills and spirit burners are no "open" fire. Though most people on German festivals use gas burners instead of spirit burners.

Campfires would be open fire, and digging a hole, making a fire in it and grilling your meat over it is also open fire.

DjDead

W:O:A Metalhead
10 Aug. 2007
Grimstad, Norway
Should be lots of grass n stuff for the veggies to eat around, and since you arrive that early I suppose most of it isnt covered in piss or trash either :p

On a more serious note, my girlfriend is also a veggie and thanx for the tip about the local restaurant in wacken town! Anyone know if they sell veggie food on the festival also?

SachsenMustang

1 Juli 2009
Marburg
Should be lots of grass n stuff for the veggies to eat around, and since you arrive that early I suppose most of it isnt covered in piss or trash either :p

On a more serious note, my girlfriend is also a veggie and thanx for the tip about the local restaurant in wacken town! Anyone know if they sell veggie food on the festival also?

They do but it's not very..well, try the veggie food at the medieval area.

Kate McGee

13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
They could try the Chinese noodle dishes, that's quite okay. Or the Knobibrot (bread with garlic etc.) - probably the cheapest way of filling your stomach on the festival area. And I remember something like pizza/pizza baguettes, I guess there's veggie versions of this as well. And fried mushrooms with different sauces. Just keep your eyes open.

domunited

2 Apr. 2010
Cyprus, Nicosia
www.last.fm
Hey, does anyone know if it is possible to get hot water anywhere at the camping site? It would be for "instant" soups or ready meals...
My Bunsen burner got fucked up from the previous 2 festivals this summer.. ;)