Question about travelling.

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
11 Apr. 2010
Hey there,
My friend and I are looking into following Maiden's tour around Europe this Summer and unfortunately this will mean leaving Wacken a day early. So we'll be looking into travelling from Wacken to Hamburg, and on to Bremen (Or Bremen directly) on August 7th.

Does anybody who's familar with the area know of any bus/train services that operate daily between either of these two cities? I can't seem to find out any information online about it.

Any push in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Aaron.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Hey there,
My friend and I are looking into following Maiden's tour around Europe this Summer and unfortunately this will mean leaving Wacken a day early. So we'll be looking into travelling from Wacken to Hamburg, and on to Bremen (Or Bremen directly) on August 7th.

Does anybody who's familar with the area know of any bus/train services that operate daily between either of these two cities? I can't seem to find out any information online about it.

Any push in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Aaron.

The shuttle buses Itzehoe (railway station) - Wacken v.v. run daily.

From Itzehoe there's a direct to Hamburg Altona, and in Altona, there are trains running to Bremen.

Sometimes you can get a direct train Itzehoe - Bremen, but that is on a very IRREGULAR basis.

More on www.bahn.de (av. in English)

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
If you can't get a direct train from Itzehoe to Bremen [they have those? :eek:], there are several direct ones from Hamburg HBF. Easy enough to do.

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
But you forget there are no local trains (NordOstSee-Bahn) going to Hbf. You have to change in Elmshorn.
And Hamburg Altona is a big station too.

You sure? I know on my way to Sipy's place last year I got a direct train from Hamburg Hbf [going through Altona but not changing] all the way to Itzehoe.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
You sure? I know on my way to Sipy's place last year I got a direct train from Hamburg Hbf [going through Altona but not changing] all the way to Itzehoe.

I'm sure.

There are direct IC trains from Sylt to Hamburg (and one of them going to Cologne and further)
There are sometimes DB-local trains going to Itzehoe (electrified line, it ends in Itzehoe)
And there are the NOB trains to Sylt but they run from HH Altona. You have to take a train in Hbf to Kiel Hbf and change in Elmshorn. (1x/hour)
Heide isn't electrified anymore.

Edit Piaf zegt: HH Altona is a 'dead end' station! All trains end there. Just like all Paris (railway) stations and (formerly) Antwerp Central or The Hague Central.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Sipyloidea

19 März 2007
I got lost in Altona >.<

There's always going to Altona and then taking the U-Bahn to Hamburg HBF.
How the heck could anyone get lost in Altona? :eek::p
I wouldn't think it went via Altona to be honest. Wouldn't make much of sense. Only if you changed and then you wouldn't have had to change in Itzehoe. But yea, there are trains from Itzehoe to Hbf

Deathbringer

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 März 2009
Massachusetts
How the heck could anyone get lost in Altona? :eek::p

I wouldn't think it went via Altona to be honest. Wouldn't make much of sense. Only if you changed and then you wouldn't have had to change in Itzehoe. But yea, there are trains from Itzehoe to Hbf

You've never traveled with my ex.. I didn't know if the trains were upstairs or the exit to the left of where I was and my ex wouldn't let us go in any direction unless I was 100% sure that it was the correct way. Yeah.. I don't travel with him anymore.

LooseCannon

W:O:A Metalhead
3 Aug. 2002
Baltimore,Maryland USA
Website besuchen
You've never traveled with my ex.. I didn't know if the trains were upstairs or the exit to the left of where I was and my ex wouldn't let us go in any direction unless I was 100% sure that it was the correct way. Yeah.. I don't travel with him anymore.

I didn't get lost there & I asked around to find the trains.People there were very friendly.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
You can see who's used to traveling by public transport and who isn't.

I even didn't get lost in Paris North. Not the smallest station in Europe! And I've never been there before!
So HH Altona isn't that difficult either.

If we go by train we'll be passing there again.