MAD MAX will play at Wacken

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Serial

18 März 2010
Hello Wacken!

It's going to be my first year that I finally get the change to go! I don't doubt it will be great, but please don't turn it into a grandpa fest. Thanks for your consideration!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

toastie

W:O:A Metalmaster
11 Juli 2008
Hello Wacken!

It's going to be my first year that I finally get the change to go!
The only thing that worries me is the Band Line Up for 2010. Is it just me or is this turning into a 40+ rock fest rather than a kick ass metal fest?
No offense but most of the bands are really old, wich does not make them bad... but still... where are all the younger bands who need chances to play?
Alice Cooper, Maiden, Crue, Over kill, WASP, and all the other 80's band are cool to see, but the rest doesnt really compensate.
Since you still are confirming bands I cross my fingers every day in hope you stop confirming bands from the 80's and put some newer bands in the lineup. (from Children of Bodom to Rob Zombie, or Black Dahlia to Lamb of God, or even Katatonia, Kalmha, Dark Tranquility, In Flames, Soilwork... you know what im talking about.) Anyway I don't doubt it will be great, but please dont turn it into a grandpa fest. Thanks for your consideration!

I want Venom at WOA 2010 just to play "Fuck off and die!" for you, sweetheart.

Conscious Pilot

W:O:A Metalhead
24 Mai 2008
North America
Hello Wacken!

It's going to be my first year that I finally get the change to go!
The only thing that worries me is the Band Line Up for 2010. Is it just me or is this turning into a 40+ rock fest rather than a kick ass metal fest?
No offense but most of the bands are really old, wich does not make them bad... but still... where are all the younger bands who need chances to play?
Alice Cooper, Maiden, Crue, Over kill, WASP, and all the other 80's band are cool to see, but the rest doesnt really compensate.
Since you still are confirming bands I cross my fingers every day in hope you stop confirming bands from the 80's and put some newer bands in the lineup. (from Children of Bodom to Rob Zombie, or Black Dahlia to Lamb of God, or even Katatonia, Kalmha, Dark Tranquility, In Flames, Soilwork... you know what im talking about.) Anyway I don't doubt it will be great, but please dont turn it into a grandpa fest. Thanks for your consideration!

Hey Serial,

I have gone to 3 of the last four WOA's. I think you'll have plenty of bands to see and you'll find out about "younger bands" for you that you may have never heard of before. I'd LOVE to see all the bands you mentioned booked (Katatonia, in particular :)), but there are bands in this lineup you should enjoy if you like those groups. Amorphis, Ghost Brigade, Ihsahan, Maroon, Degradead, Evile, Orden Ogan, Astral Doors, and one of my favs, Gojira come to mind. This line up is INCREDIBLY strong and diverse, I think. There are more bands to see than time will allow. I'm afraid of seeing the running order and the conflicts that are sure to occur.

Serial, I guarantee you will have a great time and will enjoy all the Grandpa bands LOL as you put it :)

Candlemass, Slayer, Maiden, WASP, Overkill, Grave Digger all still bring it! Don't you worry! :)

Deathbringer

13 März 2009
Massachusetts
The guy does kinda have a point even if he said it wrong. Most of the bands kind of ARE mostly 80's bands. It's kinda diverse but really the lineup is mainly geared towards the 80's crowd. If I were going for the lineup rather than just going because I can I'd be kind of disappointed myself. Every one of the bands I want to see, including the 80's ones, I've seen already or could have seen in the past 6-8 months (or they're playing here in the next 6-8 months).

I'd personally like to see some black/pagan metal closer to Månegarm and Primordial myself. Maybe even Mael Mordha? (I know they aren't that dark.. but they're nice).

BierBaron666

W:O:A Metalhead
21 Feb. 2008
Nattheim :o
www.lastfm.de
Well, I'm going to several others, like I said, if I cared for lineup or was traveling exclusively for Wacken, I'd be rather annoyed. Bands I like that don't tour so much, at least in the States, and more obscure bands would be nice.

You want to go to Rock am Härtsfeldsee?
I'd need about 10 minutes to get there.. But I surely won't.
Seriously.. I've never seen so many stupid people at the same place.
And it's full of nazis, because the next village is full of them and most of them go to RaH..
I've been there once, in 2008.. And I'll never go there again.

Deathbringer

13 März 2009
Massachusetts
You want to go to Rock am Härtsfeldsee?
I'd need about 10 minutes to get there.. But I surely won't.
Seriously.. I've never seen so many stupid people at the same place.
And it's full of nazis, because the next village is full of them and most of them go to RaH..
I've been there once, in 2008.. And I'll never go there again.

It's something I've been considering. I'm looking more towards something else, and now that you've mentioned that I'll probably stay clear of it. Thanks :)

Deathbringer

13 März 2009
Massachusetts
What do you mean by the term "obscure bands"? :confused:

Well, it's actually kind of hard for me to describe. I'm not talking band who's only released a demo tape who only has 20 fans. But, I guess a couple examples of bands would be; Fjoergyn, Mael Mordha, and Månegarm. There will probably be a few confirmation along those lines I think. Actually, if they even confirmed two of those bands I'd be happier than a pig in shit. I don't know if that makes me easy to please or not...

I'm more rambling than complaining though. Like I said earlier, I don't care so much about lineup, though it would be nice. Last year most of the fun didn't come from the music anyways.

Serial

18 März 2010
Wow... Im surprised to read so much agression on the wacken forum. At least im glad some intelligent people understood my point. The "grandpa" part was just a little joke...jeez im 33 myself and grew up with most of these bands (slayer is god!), I really respect them and feel honored I can see them live again (and again and again and again as in maidens case) . And offcourse theye still kick ass, play fast and loud! Its sad to see how eager the haters are to start trolling a subject when I was probably listening to venom before them. Anyway, guys... Chill! I love 80s metal, they are todays foundation, all I was saying is that it struck me to see so many of them in the 2010 lineup (and more beeing confirmed day by day) and on the other hand missing so many newer bands (no you dumbass hater im certainly not talking about numetal ffs). Call me what you want but looking back at 2006, 7, 8 and 2009 I see much more variety... Arch enemy, fear factory, gojira and even Equilibrium make it personally worth my 2000 mile trip and im sure I will enjoy wacken enormously. What I didn't excpect was such a bad reaction to a simple suggestion nor did I excpect such a lack of humor. Anyway thx for your replies and fuck the shortminded assfucks that didn't get my point :)