Videostatement Varg

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Gash

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Sep. 2006
Gelderland
www.last.fm
My opinion is that this whole thing is blown up to the max. Who cares about a shirt the singer's wearing? The band Varg doesn't have a single song about racism, fascism, nazism or anything extreme.

Whatever the singer thinks and beliefs, he keeps it seperated from this band. I think we should judge the band, their lyrics and their music, instead of bitching on an individual.

The fact that they need to come up with a statement says enough about how paranoid some Germans (first and foremost the media) are.

Luckily most Germans are really nice, tolerant and easy-going, as far as I know:) Yes, I like Germany and German people!:D

Hope to see you guys at Varg's show!

Respect to you all :)

eklof

W:O:A Metalmaster
7 Okt. 2008
Süd-Niedersachsen/Shanghai
My opinion is that this whole thing is blown up to the max. Who cares about a shirt the singer's wearing? The band Varg doesn't have a single song about racism, fascism, nazism or anything extreme.

Whatever the singer thinks and beliefs, he keeps it seperated from this band. I think we should judge the band, their lyrics and their music, instead of bitching on an individual.

The fact that they need to come up with a statement says enough about how paranoid some Germans (first and foremost the media) are.

Luckily most Germans are really nice, tolerant and easy-going, as far as I know:) Yes, I like Germany and German people!:D

Let's be honnest: lot's of Germans are still paranoid about it and no wonder. My generation grew up with no national pride whatsoever. It was along the line: well, you can't help being German but never ever dare to brag about it.
I was 16 when I first visited the US and an US school. I was absolutely stunned to see something like the pledge to the flag, that would have been and still is, unthinkable to do at a German school. The flag was only flown at state occasions and even then not by privat people. Who ever did, was considered right wing and here we are not talking the old NS flag but the new black, red and gold one. This only changed during the last soccer world cup.
And it does not help that there is still a lot of pejudice against Germans. I lived for some years in an other country and even 60 years after the end of the war, my children got verbaly abused and beaten up for being German.
We are still struggeling with our horrible history and cannot take a tolerant view at NS-stuff.

But it is very nice to see, that there are people who like us.:D;)

Bomberman

W:O:A Metalhead
6 Aug. 2009
Dublin
Let's be honnest: lot's of Germans are still paranoid about it and no wonder. My generation grew up with no national pride whatsoever. It was along the line: well, you can't help being German but never ever dare to brag about it.
I was 16 when I first visited the US and an US school. I was absolutely stunned to see something like the pledge to the flag, that would have been and still is, unthinkable to do at a German school. The flag was only flown at state occasions and even then not by privat people. Who ever did, was considered right wing and here we are not talking the old NS flag but the new black, red and gold one. This only changed during the last soccer world cup.
And it does not help that there is still a lot of pejudice against Germans. I lived for some years in an other country and even 60 years after the end of the war, my children got verbaly abused and beaten up for being German.
We are still struggeling with our horrible history and cannot take a tolerant view at NS-stuff.

But it is very nice to see, that there are people who like us.:D;)

sad but true...i have experienced just that countless times myself over the years and decades...at home in germany and abroad...i reckon another generation or two will live and die before us germans may finally be at ease with ourselves and who we are and (once again) act and feel like a normal, sovereign and proud nation...if there are any germans left by then, that is…

Eliael

W:O:A Metalmaster

It's not about a guy WEARING, it is about a band PRODUCING a shirt ;)

That's the point. If you produce a shirt with a (changed) swastika, you have to cope with such reactions. And they did not excuse for producing such a shirt-plus this is not the only one with this symbol and it's not a fake..

In addition, showing this symbol is a crime in Germany. It was even illegal for some time to wear a shirt with a crossed-out swastika ;)