Help wanted-UK questions

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

kCO

W:O:A Metalmaster
25 Okt. 2003
somewhere in the north
First: excuse my bad english grammer and the use of english tenses, I have a very big problem with grammar. With german as well, I hate that, I prefer maths.:eek::D;)
But I´ll think that you´ll understand me.;)

Fact: my other half and me will have our hollidays in the first two weeks of July. We want to travel through South/West England and a very, very, very little part of Wales (near Chester) by car.
So here are my questions:

1) we are fans of the mediaeval and want to visit some castles, do you know some very interesting and nice places we can or have to visit?????

2) do you know towns in that area, looking very old fashioned (like Chester)???

3) do you have some suggestions what could be interesting for us???

4) do you know if there is a metal festival during that time somewhere in this area??

I hope, that I´ll get some answers, looking forward to read them.

I say now thank you for your answers,:D:);)

Zombi

10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
Maths kicks ass! Woooh!

1)no clue.

2) Bath. It's a spa town. Roman stuff.

3)no clue.

4)The BierKeller in Bristol sometimes has metal bands on. I saw Deicide there once.

SlabJr

W:O:A Metalhead
5 Aug. 2009
THIS IS WALES!
Gloucester is a roman city, we've got ruins, theres Warwick Castle, Prinknash Abbey, Goodrich Castle, loads of really old crap XD

Hope this helps

dittohead

4 Feb. 2003
Bath in the south west
Chester is not THAT near to Wales, but that is in north west.

if you can, go to South East england, near Canterbury, Kent
or Hastings in the south central england.

also Oxford in the middle of england too...

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
First: excuse my bad english grammer and the use of english tenses, I have a very big problem with grammar. With german as well, I hate that, I prefer maths.:eek::D;)

Fact: my other half and me will have our hollidays in the first two weeks of July. We want to travel through South/West England and a very, very, very little part of Wales (near Chester) by car.

1) we are fans of the mediaeval and want to visit some castles, do you know some very interesting and nice places we can or have to visit?????

4) do you know if there is a metal festival during that time somewhere in this area??

1 min on google gave me this site about castles:
http://www.castlexplorer.co.uk/southwest.php

eklof

7 Okt. 2008
Süd-Niedersachsen/Shanghai

Hi kCJ,

assuming that you will arrive on British soil in the south east, Canterburry is deffinetely worth a visit. There you will find everything from Roman times up to nowadays. The cathedral is breathtaking, the inside very unusual.
Traveling west you pass several castles, one being Hever Castle, home of Anne Boleyn, beloved and beheaded Wife of Henry VIII. Further on to the south, near Chichester is Arundel with its majestic castle, very nice little town with lots of tudorstyle houses, if you are prepared to overlook the fact, that the castle is from the 19th century. Onwards to the west I would not miss Stonehenge and Avenbury. In Bath again you'll find everything from Roman to today. Of course there is more.... and some usefull guides. I've got a Merian classic: Südengland, Kultur mit Genuss. If you are interessted and remind me, I could take it along to RH for you to borrow.:)

kCO

25 Okt. 2003
somewhere in the north
Maths kicks ass! Woooh!

1)no clue.

2) Bath. It's a spa town. Roman stuff.

3)no clue.

4)The BierKeller in Bristol sometimes has metal bands on. I saw Deicide there once.

Thanks a lot for point 2 and 4:D

Gloucester is a roman city, we've got ruins, theres Warwick Castle, Prinknash Abbey, Goodrich Castle, loads of really old crap XD

Hope this helps

Helps a lot, thank you.:)

Bath in the south west
Chester is not THAT near to Wales, but that is in north west.

if you can, go to South East england, near Canterbury, Kent
or Hastings in the south central england.

also Oxford in the middle of england too...

Bath again:confused: Ok, and thank you for the rest suggestions as well. Chester ist very near to Wales, for me. Because Chester is in England and Brougthon, a little village only a few kilometers in front, is in Wales. And there is living my sister since the last 25 years. She works in Chester.:eek::D She don´t know that we want to visit her. One day during our holidays we will sit at a table in the cafe where she works and want to surprise her.:eek::eek::D;)

no real festivals in july
maybe a few gigs...

Where??? I am very nosy, do you know some (or any, argh, grammar).:eek::D:D

Hi kCJ,

assuming that you will arrive on British soil in the south east, Canterburry is deffinetely worth a visit. There you will find everything from Roman times up to nowadays. The cathedral is breathtaking, the inside very unusual.
Traveling west you pass several castles, one being Hever Castle, home of Anne Boleyn, beloved and beheaded Wife of Henry VIII. Further on to the south, near Chichester is Arundel with its majestic castle, very nice little town with lots of tudorstyle houses, if you are prepared to overlook the fact, that the castle is from the 19th century. Onwards to the west I would not miss Stonehenge and Avenbury. In Bath again you'll find everything from Roman to today. Of course there is more.... and some usefull guides. I've got a Merian classic: Südengland, Kultur mit Genuss. If you are interessted and remind me, I could take it along to RH for you to borrow.:)

Danke liebste Eklof, aber das hättest du mir auch gerne im Unverliepten Thread auf deutsch schreiben können.
Aber Bath kristallisiert sich ja schon mal gut raus.:eek::D;)

dittohead

4 Feb. 2003
also in Exeter, Devon (south west england)
there is an underground passage - i never went for the tour, but saw some of the old romangates or something.