W:O:A Forum Camp 2001 - 2009

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
I'd like us to have the same 'rights' to a discussion as the others here.

Short resume: Toffi Fee won't be organising the Forum camp anymore. For reasons as e.g. the obnoxious changes made by the WOA organisation every year (once 100 people needed, then again 50, the change of locations from close to the stage to far in the back fields, the TOTAL lack of communication in 2007 (wet wet wet), where we were totally spread all over the camping area etc, etc, etc.

The reason for the thread here, is that this part is more often read than all the other parts in the English section.

Furthermore 'we' were asked not to use the name "W:O:A FORUM CAMP" anymore, but to come up with a new name.

So..... what's your opinion? (if you have any of course)

Toffi Fee

W:O:A Metalgod
3 Dez. 2002
MS Holy Slaughterhouse
20000er-thread-warriors.de
I'd like us to have the same 'rights' to a discussion as the others here.

Short resume: Toffi Fee won't be organising the Forum camp anymore. For reasons as e.g. the obnoxious changes made by the WOA organisation every year (once 100 people needed, then again 50, the change of locations from close to the stage to far in the back fields, the TOTAL lack of communication in 2007 (wet wet wet), where we were totally spread all over the camping area etc, etc, etc.

The reason for the thread here, is that this part is more often read than all the other parts in the English section.

Furthermore 'we' were asked not to use the name "W:O:A FORUM CAMP" anymore, but to come up with a new name.

So..... what's your opinion? (if you have any of course)

Quark, that's NOT what we wrote there. You didn't translate it, you interpreted.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Zombi

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
read the german one as well. don't understand why someone else can't organise the exact same thing. and you know... call it the same thing.

anyway. I never stayed there but did visit quite often the times I was in wacken. Was usually a blast there and it's a shame it seems to be gone now. But wacken has changed, so has the forum.

eklof

7 Okt. 2008
Süd-Niedersachsen/Shanghai
read the german one as well. don't understand why someone else can't organise the exact same thing. and you know... call it the same thing.

anyway. I never stayed there but did visit quite often the times I was in wacken. Was usually a blast there and it's a shame it seems to be gone now. But wacken has changed, so has the forum.

It isn't really gone, the new version is already in the planning process, so you can visit again this year.;)

Northern Death

1 Mai 2004
Dlm am Wildpferd
hairniteout.blogspot.de
His post seems to sum up what you wrote in the original thread quite well. I don't see what he got wrong...:confused:
He did not even mention that xantia didn't visit Wacken since 06 and Toffi won't do either this year, did he? Not the least important point ;)

This was the original statement written by Toffi in the german forum:

Liebe Freunde,

nach reiflicher Überlegung und dem 9. WOA-Forum-Camp ist nun Schluss.

2009 war das vorläufig letzte WOA-Forum-Camp auf dem WOA. Viele Gründe haben xantia und mich dazu bewogen, das W:O:A-Forum-Camp jetzt zu beenden. Viele haben es bereits geahnt, einige wussten es und mit wenigen wurden die Gründe und Umstände offen besprochen.

Viele neue Leute sind über die Jahre hinzugekommen. Ein paar von den alten Kumpanen sind geblieben, jedoch haben uns viele der alteingesessenen Forum-Campler seit langem verlassen. Teils, weil sie mit anderen Gruppen campen, teils, weil sie das Festival gar nicht mehr besuchen. xantia ist seit 2006 nicht mehr dabei, und auch ich werde 2010 nicht mehr nach Wacken fahren.

Die traditionelle Allianz mit den Leuten vom Kiel-O-Watt-Forum hat sich gewandelt. Das W:O:A selbst hat sich gewandelt, der Campground hat sich gewandelt. Viele sinnige und unsinnige Änderungen gab es jedes Jahr von Seiten der WOA- und WOA-Campsite-Orga. Waren wir vor Jahren ganz weit vorne, liegen die reservierten Flächen nun ganz weit hinten. Mal musste man mindestens hundert, dann wieder nur fünfzig Leute zusammenbringen. 2007 war alles durcheinander und nass.

Spass hatten wir aber immer. Und ich denke, wir sehen uns weiterhin auf anderen Festivals. Das Rock Hard Festival, das Dong Open Air, das Bang Your Head - das sind alles Festivals auf denen wir uns nahezu regelmäßig treffen werden!

Es war eine schöne Zeit mit Euch. Danke!

Eure Toffi Fee
/ Britta
For the translation: Here you go, Quark. You're the one who seems to have too much time :p

Zombi

10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
He did not even mention that xantia didn't visit Wacken since 06 and Toffi won't do either this year, did he? Not the least important point ;)

Ah, I don't think Quark's intention was a word-for-word translation, nor do I believe one is needed.

Anyway, seems a new one is being organised. Figured as much, this community is pretty big (at least the german part is).

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
Toffi Fee (translation) schrieb:
Dear friends,

After much consideration and the 9th WOA Forum Camp, it's now over.

2009 was, for the time being, the last WOA Forum Camp at WOA. Many reasons led me and xantia to end the WOA board camp. Many have already guessed, and with a few people, some of the reasons and circumstances have been discussed.

Many new people have joined over the years. A few of the old members are still there, but many of the old campers have left us already a long time ago. Partly because they camp with other groups, partly because they no longer attend the festival. xantia hasn't been there since 2006, and I will no longer go to Wacken in 2010.

The traditional alliance with the people from the Kiel-O-Watt forum has changed. WOA itself has changed, the campground has changed. We've had many reasonable and absurd changes every year from the WOA and the WOA Camp Site Orga. Years ago, we were very close, but now the reserved areas are now really far back. Sometimes we needed to bring at least a hundred, sometimes only 50 people. In 2007, everything was chaotic and wet.

But we always had fun. And I think we'll still see each other again at other festivals. The Rock Hard festival, Dong Open Air, Bang Your Head, - they are all festivals where we'll meet almost regularly!

It was a nice time with you. Thank you!

Your Toffi Fee / Britta

Everyone happy now?

[best I could do, don't kill me if it's not exact]

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Northern Death

1 Mai 2004
Dlm am Wildpferd
hairniteout.blogspot.de