best hotels for Wacken?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

DetroitDon

W:O:A Metalhead
18 Dez. 2009
Detroit,MI USA
www.myspace.com
ok since this my first Wacken, I'm going with comfort for now and looking into a hotel. I see the list on the WOA site, but there are 50 of them with phone numbers but not much other info, such as price and location to the festival.

Anyone with help, suggestions etc...would be much appreciated.

thanks!

Don

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
My suggestion: camp.
That's part of the whole experience... metal festivals aren't supposed to be comfortable. :D You sleep in a tent, don't shower, and deal with Germans singing folk/pop music all night. Besides... some of the bands end at like 3am, you're not going to get a shuttle that late, you'd have to find a taxi or something.

Have I discouraged you yet? :D If not, there's a hotel near Wacken I found not long ago... Hotel Struve. Site's in German though, good luck. :o

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
My suggestion: camp.
That's part of the whole experience... metal festivals aren't supposed to be comfortable. :D You sleep in a tent, don't shower, and deal with Germans singing folk/pop music all night. Besides... some of the bands end at like 3am, you're not going to get a shuttle that late, you'd have to find a taxi or something.

Have I discouraged you yet? :D If not, there's a hotel near Wacken I found not long ago... Hotel Struve. Site's in German though, good luck. :o

Really, just camp.

Nothing to add!

Just camp!

DetroitDon

18 Dez. 2009
Detroit,MI USA
www.myspace.com
well I didn't mean to sound such a dumb question! haha I assume that is the "real true" way to do Wacken is camp. But as an American on a plane how much can I actually carry around with me? The locals have cars, vans etc to store money, and personal belongings.

Nooo I'm not discouraged! haha, I just need tips and advice etc...But I plan on arriving in Germany 2 days before, so need a place to stay. and leaving 2 days after possibly.

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
well I didn't mean to sound such a dumb question! haha I assume that is the "real true" way to do Wacken is camp. But as an American on a plane how much can I actually carry around with me? The locals have cars, vans etc to store money, and personal belongings.

Nooo I'm not discouraged! haha, I just need tips and advice etc...But I plan on arriving in Germany 2 days before, so need a place to stay. and leaving 2 days after possibly.

You can carry plenty enough... might have to check a bag and a tent, but you'll survive. And you can stay at Wacken a few days before. Afterwards, well you can find a hotel anywhere from Wacken to Hamburg [I assume that's where you're flying from].

Deathbringer

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 März 2009
Massachusetts

Kris and I, like I stated in Facebook, will be getting a hotel before between HoA and Wacken. If you wish to join us there, feel free, but it'll be from the Sunday through Monday which is when the camp site opens most likely.

We're both also American, and last year we did fine camping with our gear, so you won't have to worry about it.

If you want keep in contact with me on Facebook, I'll answer any questions you have and if I can't answer them, I'll ask Quark or Kris.

DetroitDon

18 Dez. 2009
Detroit,MI USA
www.myspace.com
thanks for the help and otpions, I would definately consider for sure. I know there is plenty of time (226 days hehe) I just hate to find all the hotels sold out etc...

I CAN "rough" it and camp, that has to be the true way to do Wacken! lol while at the festival where do you lock up cash or things like that? atm cards etc...

(Ill work on the damn quote box thing in a few) haha

MetalViking

26 Feb. 2007
England
thanks for the help and otpions, I would definately consider for sure. I know there is plenty of time (226 days hehe) I just hate to find all the hotels sold out etc...

I CAN "rough" it and camp, that has to be the true way to do Wacken! lol while at the festival where do you lock up cash or things like that? atm cards etc...

(Ill work on the damn quote box thing in a few) haha
I doubt you'd find hotels being sold out because almost everyone camps, as said before its part of the Wacken experience :)
As for staying nights before, Im planning on arriving at camp on the 3rd and you only have to pay 5 euros to get in then its fine, not too sure after afterwards but you could always sleep at the airport or something :p
There is a locker place Wacken have onsite to keep all your valuables, ofcourse it costs money but they do it. Im not really sure how much it is but its not an extortionate amount anyhow. Hope that helps somewhat.

DetroitDon

18 Dez. 2009
Detroit,MI USA
www.myspace.com
My luck I would spend a shitload on a hotel, and end up drunk the first night in a Norwegian campers tent! haha, and as far as the Germans drunk singing folk songs, im half German by DNA, so I would have no trouble fitting in ..lol

I was born on this side of the pond thats all haha

MetalViking

26 Feb. 2007
England
My luck I would spend a shitload on a hotel, and end up drunk the first night in a Norwegian campers tent! haha, and as far as the Germans drunk singing folk songs, im half German by DNA, so I would have no trouble fitting in ..lol

I was born on this side of the pond thats all haha
Then its settled, you're camping! :)