New to Wacken forum

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

DetroitDon

W:O:A Metalhead
18 Dez. 2009
Detroit,MI USA
www.myspace.com
Hello to everyone @ WOA! Just a little introduction about me, I am from the States and going to my first Wacken Festival in 2010! (it is about time eh?) So obviously this is all very new to me. I have been to over 600 concerts over 25 years in North America and Canada, but never across the pond! I've seen almost every band worth seeing x 10.

A few of my fave bands include, Edguy (#1), Scorpions, KISS, Alice Cooper, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Overkill, Black Sabbath (all versions), Hammerfall, Into Eternity, Miles Beyond (good friends), Grave Digger, Doro, Halloween (USA), Helloween, Primal Fear, Savatage, Megadeth, and many more, (way to many to name actually, since I have fave bands of all music genres. Ok maybe it's easier to list what I DO NOT like ..ie Metal-core...haha!

So hello again to all! (esp those who can understand English! I am practicing German, so give me some extra time! haha)

cheerz!
Don

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
Hey, another American :D Welcome, feel free to join us in the 150K thread where we chat about metal and whatever else. :]

Deathbringer

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 März 2009
Massachusetts
Don't worry, we have a bunch of Americans here too. This is the English speaking forum, you might see people speaking in Dutch, German or whatever, but they blabber to each other.

DetroitDon

18 Dez. 2009
Detroit,MI USA
www.myspace.com
yeah I figured there were many Americans on the boards and those who attend the festival. I just placed my order for 1 ticket last night, and it's "bring processed" to exchange the funds from EUR to USD etc. Crossing fingers but I'm sure all will be good to go. I have friends from Detroit/Toledo Ohio, that go to Graspop every year, but Wacken is THE festival you know!?

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
yeah I figured there were many Americans on the boards and those who attend the festival. I just placed my order for 1 ticket last night, and it's "bring processed" to exchange the funds from EUR to USD etc. Crossing fingers but I'm sure all will be good to go. I have friends from Detroit/Toledo Ohio, that go to Graspop every year, but Wacken is THE festival you know!?

Graspop kinda sucks... but yea, I do know. I also know there are way better fests over the pond. :o Metalcamp, Hellfest...

Deathbringer

13 März 2009
Massachusetts

It depends on what the tastes are. I've never seen Graspop's festival lineup as very appealing. I don't really like the really big bands as much, I have a few exceptions.

You'll probably be fine, mine's being processed too so. I ordered mine at some point this week, my times are messed up because of my strange time zone.

DetroitDon

18 Dez. 2009
Detroit,MI USA
www.myspace.com
So I assume you guys are attending WOA 2010?

This is my first (after talking about going for 5 years! haha) After attending 600 shows in the states, I'm just due for a REAL festival. A lot of bands on Wacken, play America (most pass up Detroit for obvious reasons) but we may draw 100 to 300 at the most, for the Euro power metal bands. When I first saw Wacken online and dvd it's like "FUCK! the metal grass IS greener on the other side of the pond! (or in some cases. mud! hahah)

Deathbringer

13 März 2009
Massachusetts
Yeah, both of us went last year as well.

I lost track of how many shows I went to, it was something like 15-20 this year and way too many last. Wacken was technically my second festival, I went to Chicago Powerfest in 2008 if you count that.

This year I'm hitting up the ones in my signature.

DetroitDon

18 Dez. 2009
Detroit,MI USA
www.myspace.com
[QUOTE = Deathbringer; 11320759]

You'll probably be fine, mine's being processed so too. I ordered mine at some point this week, my times are messed up because of my strange time zone. [/ QUOTE]

Yeah I went to order mine after hearing about Iron Maiden, thinking I REALLY have to jump on this!, Then the error message of "SOLD OUT" on Metaltix.de, and I thought....Oooooh fucking GREAT! But I'm sure everyone jumped on at once and crashed the site. hahah

Deathbringer

13 März 2009
Massachusetts
[QUOTE = Deathbringer; 11320759]

You'll probably be fine, mine's being processed so too. I ordered mine at some point this week, my times are messed up because of my strange time zone. [/ QUOTE]

Yeah I went to order mine after hearing about Iron Maiden, thinking I REALLY have to jump on this!, Then the error message of "SOLD OUT" on Metaltix.de, and I thought....Oooooh fucking GREAT! But I'm sure everyone jumped on at once and crashed the site. hahah

Yeah, that's what happened. I got in right under that error and got freaked out one of my friends didn't get one in time. He got his from somewhere else though.

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
So I assume you guys are attending WOA 2010?

This is my first (after talking about going for 5 years! haha) After attending 600 shows in the states, I'm just due for a REAL festival. A lot of bands on Wacken, play America (most pass up Detroit for obvious reasons) but we may draw 100 to 300 at the most, for the Euro power metal bands. When I first saw Wacken online and dvd it's like "FUCK! the metal grass IS greener on the other side of the pond! (or in some cases. mud! hahah)

I'm planning on it, just can't say anything for sure yet. Unfortunately money is hard to come by for college students. :o

Yea... it's definitely an experience I'd recommend for every metalhead to try at least once. Also would recommend HOA aka Headbangers Open Air, a week before Wacken and very near it location-wise. Actually I'd recommend doing as many festivals as you possibly can, I did five last year and am going for another five this year if I can afford it. :D

DetroitDon

18 Dez. 2009
Detroit,MI USA
www.myspace.com
That's cool! Yeah well I guess I have been to "festivals" in the States!

Bravewords 6pack II
Bravewords 6pack III in Cleveland

(both were UNfucking believeable!)

(Ozzfest doesnt really count IMO! hahah) (but 6 of those!)

Sirens of Metal Festival Sept 2009, which I was the promoter/organizer of that with the owner of Blondies Nightclub in Detroit, we had Doro headline and all female rock/metal bands open. (original eh!? haha) Very small crowd but wow was it fun! (and stressfull!)

Deathbringer

13 März 2009
Massachusetts
That's cool! Yeah well I guess I have been to "festivals" in the States!

Bravewords 6pack II
Bravewords 6pack III in Cleveland

(both were UNfucking believeable!)

(Ozzfest doesnt really count IMO! hahah) (but 6 of those!)

Sirens of Metal Festival Sept 2009, which I was the promoter/organizer of that with the owner of Blondies Nightclub in Detroit, we had Doro headline and all female rock/metal bands open. (original eh!? haha) Very small crowd but wow was it fun! (and stressfull!)

Don't forget TnT festival in New York. That one is an open air.

Kris (forevermetal) and I are trying to organize a small one over here, but it won't be open air for a few years. College students are broke.