Doubts cast over the future of Wacken!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

thijs_laursen

11 Nov. 2009
Just had this worrying email sent to me from a very reliable source:

The organizers of the Wacken music festival last night warned that it could be reaching the end of the road, despite record ticket sales in 2009.
Contractual problems and a failure to secure big names for 2010 have cast a shadow over the future of the festival, although the organizers say that they are "fairly confident" the show will continue for 2010 at least.

Kind of makes you wonder why there's been no band announcements recently.
Very worrying:confused:

Sipyloidea

W:O:A Metalgod
19 März 2007

The organizers of the Wacken music festival last night warned that it could be reaching the end of the road, despite record ticket sales in 2009.
Contractual problems and a failure to secure big names for 2010 have cast a shadow over the future of the festival, although the organizers say that they are "fairly confident" the show will continue for 2010 at least.

Remember how long it took them last year to announce bands? I don't really believe this. The whole village pretty much lives off that festival. They'll try everything to keep it running

Graveworm_Hunter

W:O:A Metalhead
19 Juli 2009
Halkidiki, Greece.
www.go2halkidiki.net
Remember how long it took them last year to announce bands? I don't really believe this. The whole village pretty much lives off that festival. They'll try everything to keep it running

No way...I was gonna order my tickets in the next couple of weeks, might wait and see now. You're right, the whole place relies on the festival, but...looking back there was more in the way of new last year. Let's hope this is wrong:(

Falconius

28 Jan. 2008
SH, Germany
There's still no reason to announce any Band till now. Tell me why should they? They sold already so many Tickets and received the money, they still got all time to pick out the best bands for us.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien

Pessimistic as I am, first see, then believe.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
/seconded

personally I don't see why Wacken would have trouble booking bands... they're "the biggest metal fest in the world" or at least by far the most well known

Well, here's a little something.

"We" (the Eindhoven environment including Best) had a nice and beautiful BIG festival called Dynamo Open Air.
In 1995 they had an overwhelming succes, attracting over 125k (paying) visitors (incl. camping, I was there)

5 years later, no Dynamo due to a lack of space, and the community that built a quarter of the city.

Not that it can be compared to Wacken, but things can go strangly in life.

But still, first see, then believe.

Graveworm_Hunter

19 Juli 2009
Halkidiki, Greece.
www.go2halkidiki.net
At the end of the day, it's just a business and as we've seen in the media over the last year, even the biggest businesses that people thought were strong can fail. Let's hope this is not the case, as it's shown that when one big business goes down it takes a lot of smaller ones with it!