Aurora Metal

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
http://www.aurorametal.webs.com

just made a website :]
it's basically going to be a guide to European metal festivals, including tips, links, pictures, videos, and even a forum for you spammers :p
still needs loads of work, going to keep updating it over the next few days. for now it's just got a calendar of as many festivals as I can think of, as well as some links to merch and such.
feel free to join it, upload pics and videos from festivals, use the forums, whatever else. any ideas you have are appreciated, what you think would be cool to add, as far as festivals and metal in general.

agresionpower

22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland

it's basically going to be a guide to European metal festivals, including tips, links, pictures, videos, and even a forum for you spammers :p
still needs loads of work, going to keep updating it over the next few days. for now it's just got a calendar of as many festivals as I can think of, as well as some links to merch and such.
feel free to join it, upload pics and videos from festivals, use the forums, whatever else. any ideas you have are appreciated, what you think would be cool to add, as far as festivals and metal in general.

hmm wouldn't it be better to just spend this time working for money so you can make sure you can come next year ;) :p

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
added a whole bunch of fests.
if there's any decent multi day festival in Europe from March to September or so that isn't there [on the links page], let me know.

Zombi

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
my thoughts:
Under 'Food and Drinks' I'd mention how expensive festival food can be and that it's really best to bring your own food there.

the dates in the festival calender seem a bit hard to read. Maybe write them each in one line rather than 3? It's just not very clear.

also "time" seems unnecassary as they're all "all day" and maybe it might be an idea for an extra column which states what the emphasis is in the festival? Like mainly power metal, black metal blablabla... (there's space for it) and more importantly, where the festival is! at least the country.

808Metal

30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii

Nice idea, I like it! Cheers to you for taking this on. Ask the festival promoters if they want to have you add a banner for their festival on your site, I bet they would and it would look cool. That could be used on your links page. You could also have a page for user added festival reviews. Also maybe add links to where people can go to purchase tickets. If you register your site with search engines, be sure to describe your site as what it is, a european Metal festival information site.

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
my thoughts:
Under 'Food and Drinks' I'd mention how expensive festival food can be and that it's really best to bring your own food there.

the dates in the festival calender seem a bit hard to read. Maybe write them each in one line rather than 3? It's just not very clear.

also "time" seems unnecassary as they're all "all day" and maybe it might be an idea for an extra column which states what the emphasis is in the festival? Like mainly power metal, black metal blablabla... (there's space for it) and more importantly, where the festival is! at least the country.

true about the food
but as far as the calendar it's a format from the site I used, I've tried to change it so the time doesn't show up, etc, but it won't let me do much more than rename it. I can add the genres in a description though, and as far as where it is, that info shows up when you click on it.

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
Nice idea, I like it! Cheers to you for taking this on. Ask the festival promoters if they want to have you add a banner for their festival on your site, I bet they would and it would look cool. That could be used on your links page. You could also have a page for user added festival reviews. Also maybe add links to where people can go to purchase tickets. If you register your site with search engines, be sure to describe your site as what it is, a european Metal festival information site.

sounds like an idea, though I'm not sure festival promoters would want that just yet as for now it's not exactly a popular or frequented site :p
the reviews idea sounds great, I'll see what I can do about that. the links I figured people can just follow the festival site to wherever they're selling tickets, but that could work as well.

Zombi

10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
true about the food
but as far as the calendar it's a format from the site I used, I've tried to change it so the time doesn't show up, etc, but it won't let me do much more than rename it. I can add the genres in a description though, and as far as where it is, that info shows up when you click on it.

come on, making a simple table in html is easy. The location should be in the list, I think, because it would be great if you could say, "Well, what's on in france in july?" and just skim through it rather than clicking on every festival.

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
come on, making a simple table in html is easy. The location should be in the list, I think, because it would be great if you could say, "Well, what's on in france in july?" and just skim through it rather than clicking on every festival.

yea I probably could do it in HTML, but not sure where to enter it in or anything...
anyway I'm working on it, haven't done it for every festival just yet but some of them... see if that works better at least

Zombi

10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
yeah that's better, more info comes more quickly, which is always good.

but now one more question: Why is it called Aurora Metal and not, you know, European Metal Festival guide or something?

I'm not trying to put this down btw I think it's got a lot of potential to be a great site. I'm just trying to give suggestions from a customer POV.

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
yeah that's better, more info comes more quickly, which is always good.

but now one more question: Why is it called Aurora Metal and not, you know, European Metal Festival guide or something?

I'm not trying to put this down btw I think it's got a lot of potential to be a great site. I'm just trying to give suggestions from a customer POV.

because I like auroras :p just wanted to pick an original name, because something like European Metal Festival Guide would be kind of a not-so-creative name to me, just stating what it is basically.
but yea no problem, please do keep sharing ideas... and if you want you can contribute yourself, I opened up the reviews area so you can post your own opinions, tips, experiences etc on festivals.

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
alright done updating all the festivals. now the fun part of trying to keep up with all their lineups, updates etc :rolleyes: