Lack of Death Metal

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Jordan

W:O:A Metalhead
25 März 2009
Well, everyone knows I'm a crappy emo-cocksucker(c) who whines about the lack of DM this year.

When you look at the R.O (which is not definitive, but the line-up is, so even with switching Nervecell or Insidious Disease to Party Stage, it won't change anything), you see there is no DM on the three main stages.

I've made a small investigation over the past years line-up, to check the DM bands playing on the main stages :
2008 - Opeth, Carcass, Obituary
2007 - Cannibal Corpse, Possessed
2006 - Six Feet Under, Morbid Angel, Opeth, Aborted
2005 - Obituary, Bloodbath, Zyklon

As for 2004 and before, we don't have the R.O, but still great names who probably didn't play the WET stage.

That's the first time for at least 6 or 7 years that no DM act is scheduled on one of the main stages !

Sorry if I'm emo-cocksucking, but I guess this is must be a deliberate choice.

Ok, I know this thread is useless and that the orga won't change it now, but still I wanted to make things clear for everyone :D

Now feel free to spam this thread... ;)

Severus

15 Mai 2009
Ankh-Morpork
Well I do agree, but really that are absolutly no new informations here. There is a lack of great Death-Metal, but I guess this has been discussed often enough by now.

Jordan

25 März 2009
Well I do agree, but really that are absolutly no new informations here. There is a lack of great Death-Metal, but I guess this has been discussed often enough by now.

Yep but for once, I was trying to discuss it in a friendly manner, with no trollness which is, for me, quite new :p

25 Apr. 2006
OH WELL

Just go to other festivals which dont suck the commercial cock as much as the Wacken...There are other festivals, particuarly death /thrash & black orientated...

As for the Wacken organisation, this is by far the worst line up I have seen in my life for a metal festival... Even Rock am Ring looks better this year...

R.I.P Wacken (Commercial Suicide)

13 Mai 2009
Istanbul / Turkei
Just go to other festivals which dont suck the commercial cock as much as the Wacken...There are other festivals, particuarly death /thrash & black orientated...

As for the Wacken organisation, this is by far the worst line up I have seen in my life for a metal festival... Even Rock am Ring looks better this year...

R.I.P Wacken (Commercial Suicide)

I agree .This year is a Total desaster.Where is the death metal where is the Black Metal...?Even an industrial metal band will be better then the emo-metal in the stage...
I still hope there can be last 2 two good names(not big)for death and black metal...(Is it stupid to wish for something you know you will never get?:D)

unknownone

19 Nov. 2008
Portugal
I still hope there can be last 2 two good names(not big)for death and black metal...(Is it stupid to wish for something you know you will never get?:D)

I really don't think so. Besides Heaven Shall Burn, all of the recent names came from only one place...

Do you want to know where the orga is picking their latest bands? Sonisphere UK. Not a coincidence most of them being added to Sonisphere and a few days later added to wacken...

Coheed and Cambria
Airbourne
Anthrax
Thin Lizzy

I wouldn't be surprised if Mastodon, Lamb of God or Fear Factory are added...or even Avenged Sevenfold :rolleyes:

So, don't expect too much for the final couple of names...

MazeOfTorment

21 Sep. 2008
haha, awesome signature

W.O.A 2009 - XX Anniversary: The Downfall. We have been owned. :D:D

I totally agree...we need just one Death Metal band, what about Vomitory or Malevolent Creation or something else... Amon Amarth, Napalm Death and that metalcore crap aren't real DM:mad: ...ok ND are great, but there's nothing only similiar to DM on the billing

Severus

15 Mai 2009
Ankh-Morpork
haha, awesome signature

W.O.A 2009 - XX Anniversary: The Downfall. We have been owned. :D:D

I totally agree...we need just one Death Metal band, what about Vomitory or Malevolent Creation or something else... Amon Amarth, Napalm Death and that metalcore crap aren't real DM:mad: ...ok ND are great, but there's nothing only similiar to DM on the billing

Thats the only thing I am dissapointed, too. But if the Running Order stays this way I'll be happy nonetheless, 'cause there will be 4-6 Bands per day for me to watch. I mean, shure, there's a shitload of bands I would love to see as well, but I doubt there will be any notewhorty announcements come yet.

Jordan

25 März 2009
Thats the only thing I am dissapointed, too. But if the Running Order stays this way I'll be happy nonetheless, 'cause there will be 4-6 Bands per day for me to watch.
I could say the same thing (with 2-3 instead of 4-6 ;) ), but my main concern is the clash between bands.

This is unavoidable : clashes happen. When there are 25 bands you want to see, you can live with it, when there are not so many bands you wanna see, a clash can be a total failure... :(
Insidious Disease are really in danger of being crushed by Motorhead for instance ! Let's cross fingers.

(and Anthrax need a bigger/later slot !)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Goresoaked

17 Apr. 2009
An alle Old-School-Aktivisten die das Billing so sehr lieben und die verratene Death Metal (Black Metal ist mir Wurst) Scene rügen:

Nervecell? Nie gehört, sind ganz nett.
Pentagramm? Nice.
Insidious Disease? Naja geht so.

Hm, das war's.

Wacken 08:
At the Gates (OMG! GEIL!)
Cynic (Besser als Sex!!11)
Evocation
Grave (LEGEGNDE!)
Massacre (OUH JA LEGENDE!)
Obituary (Muss ich was dazu sagen?)

Um mal die wichtigsten zu nennen.

Ich will nicht am LineUp rummeckern, seht einfach nur ein, dass Death Metal nicht vertreten ist und wir deswegen (berechtigt) sauer sind.

At all Old-School-Groupies who love the Billing that much and want to blame the betrayed Death Metal Scene for complaining:

Nervecell? Never heard of them, but still nice
Pentagramm? Nice
Insidious Disease? Well...

Yeah, that was it.

Wacken 08:
At the Gates (OMG! AWESOME!)
Cynic (Better than Sex!!11)
Evocation
Grave (LEGEND!)
Massacre (OUH YEAH LEGEND!)
Obituary (Nothing to add?)

To just mention the important ones.

I don't want to flame at the LineUp at all, but just realize that there is no Death Metal this year and we are (allowed to be) FUCKING ANGRY! It somehow ruins Wacken for real Death Metal fans. (Lucky me that there is Alcohol and at least some stuff I'm interested in.)

Severus

15 Mai 2009
Ankh-Morpork
I could say the same thing (with 2-3 instead of 4-6 ;) ), but my main concern is the clash between bands.

This is unavoidable : clashes happen. When there are 25 bands you want to see, you can live with it, when there are not so many bands you wanna see, a clash can be a total failure... :(
Insidious Disease are really in danger of being crushed by Motorhead for instance ! Let's cross fingers.

(and Anthrax need a bigger/later slot !)

Yes, actually I have aroung 10-15 Band I want so see, not too much room for clashes ^^ But with the Running Order so far I would be satisfied (I already posted it somewhere). Well, if the RO changes fundamentaly, I could be fucked as well...