Need your advices & informations

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

moostach

22 Juli 2008
Hi,

It's my first time at wacken, at a music festival too, so I am not experienced. I have some questions. Forum was down and didn't found answers at the website neither Festival ABC. I searched into the board and began to read different threads. It will take time on a board to find infos so if you could give me a hand. I'll go faster. I'll update my post when I'll get onformations.

At arrival wednesday :
- What must I do first ?
- Goes to point 20 to get my wristband, I presume to enter festival, and FMB ?
- And for camp ?
- How do I choose camp area ?

Safe deposit at point 25:
- I presume it works like at airport and at train station with a coin and I get the key ?
- How much does it cost ?
- Is it time limited ?
- Do I get my money back when I finish to use ?

- How much for Internet connection at point 33 ?
- Toilets and showers are free ? Otherwise how much ?

Robbery :
- Can I let my personal effects in my tent, like my sleeping bag, clothes, etc without to be afraid of thievery ?
- Do I take some special care?

Thank in advance for your help.
Best regards

Pat

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
At arrival wednesday :
- What must I do first ?
gnoff: Show your ticket before you enter the camp grounds, then find a camp site, then change your ticket for a bracelet.

gnoff: You need the bracelet to get into the festival area. Don't know at the moment what you mean by FMB?

- And for camp ?
gnoff: To get into the camp site you need to show your ticket.

gnoff: Usually you'll either be directed to one or you just select a spot that looks nice. There are some areas reserved for people not going by car, and some where you can go if you have a car with you. Just ask around.

gnoff: The plastic, non-flush, toilets are free. The water toilets I think was around 25 or 50 cents, not sure. Never used the showers, but think I've seen a cost of 7 Euro, not sure.

Robbery :
- Can I let my personal effects in my tent, like my sleeping bag, clothes, etc without to be afraid of thievery ?
gnoff: I've always left stuff, never had a problem with theft, but of course you may never know for sure. Bring your money, passport and stuff.

gnoff: I never have, so far for 5 times it's worked well anyway.

slayerofrage

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Juli 2006
Stockport
www.isitbeeroclock.com
Theres loads of these threads!

1) The first thing you must do in wacken is the most important of all....

DRINK BEER do no other thing until this task is complete

Wristbands are at entrance i presume FMB is full metal bag which is given to you with your wristband!!

Camping find a space on wednesday be prepared to walk to look for one though!

Safe deposits boxes are like airport ones dont know how much they cost though!

Internet is €3 euros if i remember rightly

Toilets and showers are 50 euro cent a time.. or free in the festival area!

Robbery isnt to bad.. ive been to 5 wackens and not had any trouble! Though i would keep important stuff on you for safekeeping!

Hi,

It's my first time at wacken, at a music festival too, so I am not experienced. I have some questions. Forum was down and didn't found answers at the website neither Festival ABC. I searched into the board and began to read different threads. It will take time on a board to find infos so if you could give me a hand. I'll go faster. I'll update my post when I'll get onformations.

At arrival wednesday :
- What must I do first ?
- And for camp ?

Safe deposit at point 25:
- I presume it works like at airport and at train station with a coin and I get the key ?
- How much does it cost ?
- Is it time limited ?
- Do I get my money back when I finish to use ?

- How much for Internet connection at point 33 ?

Robbery :

Thank in advance for your help.
Best regards

Pat

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
sounds right with the wacken towel included!!

I remember you gotta get naked in fornt of strangers to use them though.. some nationalities are a bit shy about that

Can't imagine any of em being Swedes though :p

I planned on using the showers my first WOA, but after seeing the line for it just brought baby wet wipes the following years and washed up in my tent instead.

moostach

22 Juli 2008
I want to thank you for helping me so quickly and specially gnoff. Wacken is beginning well.:):)

FMB is full metal bag, sorry to write by first letter (maiden fans use talking). ;)

Camp :
- I presume people must be queuing in front of camp aera before opening time wednesday 8 am, perhaps night before ?

Shower :
Showers are expensive, hope to find thermal bath lol. I didn't know it was a naked festival lol.
- I presume queue must an use in festival. What is the best time to hope short waiting for toilets and bath ?
- Is there some washbasin/washstand/washbowl to have a simple wash (brush teeths, wash hair & face) ?

I'll dive in your mega-top-thread.