England! (Or UK)

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Pillowcase

27 Apr. 2008
Anyone else going to Wacken from England?

I'm sure there's a lot of posts about this but 'am just wondering.

Also how are you getting there?

A group of freinds and I are trecking it to London and getting a Plane to ... somewhere in Germany... ended up costing us £75 each. :/

educatedfool

5 Okt. 2007
Coming from Northern Ireland, But i'm heading to Bristol first, only booked flights a few weeks ago and it cost 150 quid per person :( last time I ever leave it that late to book flights

28 Apr. 2008
From England

We ae travelling from England, we drive to Newcastle catch the ferry there to Ijmuiden( Amsterdam) and then drive from there.
Its really easy have done it many times before

MTL

W:O:A Metalhead
3 Juni 2003
Wijlre (NL)
www.cu2.nl
Don't know yet...
I might live in London permanently by then, but travelling from the Netherlands would probably be more convenient.

Sipyloidea

W:O:A Metalgod
19 März 2007
May be a stupid question, but is anyone of you Martin G. or knows him? Lives near London and was in Wacken 3 times yet

Smoo_lord

W:O:A Metalmaster
20 Nov. 2002
Darwin, Australia
www.mongrelized.8m.com
Im living in aussie at the moment, but i will be staying with my uncle in North yorks... so im gonna train to leeds, then plane to prague, then train to berlin and then train to hamburg.. all with some recreational drinking time :D

ash1979

21 Apr. 2008
We are also going to waken for the first time ever . We are going on the bus run my Argon Events has anyone on the fumum used this company before of been on another bus to waken ide like to hear and coments good or bad about the bus travel

educatedfool

5 Okt. 2007
We are also going to waken for the first time ever . We are going on the bus run my Argon Events has anyone on the fumum used this company before of been on another bus to waken ide like to hear and coments good or bad about the bus travel

Took that last year, flew over from Northern Ireland and got it from Milton Keynes. It's a bloody long aul journey! You've been warned! Something like over 20hrs (Including the ferry)

It's good fun though, when we made it to france they went to stop at a cash and carry for beer, but unfortunately it was closed. There is signs up all over the bus saying no drinking or drunken behaviour, but it really depends on the drivers, ours didn't seem to mind ;)

And the return journey is hell! Just remember to bring a spare pair of 'clean' clothes that you won't wear at the festival otherwise you'll end up sitting on a bus for nearly a day wearing filthy clothes :)

ash1979

21 Apr. 2008
Think ile cope with the journey time we went to romania by buss last year and that was 38 hours. The idea of a change of clothes to go back in is a good one hope thers a dry place i can store them. We went to roskilde festival in denmark last year and we lost all our clean clothes when out tent was flooded out and we had to go home in the wet stuf we had on.

Deeno

W:O:A Metalhead
10 Mai 2008
Stockport / England
www.myspace.com
I'm going from Manchester to Hamburg on Lufthansa, with another four people I know of. I also know people leaving from Stansted.

Myself and a few others are going Wednesday from Manchester to Hamburg with Lufthansa , and returning on the 3rd .
Know many people who have travelled by coach and as said before *its a long old trip there , and bloody worse on the return* , but if you can have a few cheeky beers and like sleeping then go for it .
I am too old for that shit now ;) .