Visiting Brussles, Belgium

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Most likely all that I had about it is gone, so new thread :)

I'll be in Brussels, Belgium from Thursday April 20 through Monday April 24.

I was planning on living with a friend, but bow it seems I won't.

This means even more free time for beer and trying to find a place to spend my nights :D

I'll meet up with Quark for sure, don't know exactly which day(s) part from we'll probably meet on Thursday.

Anyone else in or around Brussels at that time.

Anyone have any ideas on cheap, safe and clean accomodations?
(pretty much in that order of priority)

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Most likely all that I had about it is gone, so new thread :)

I'll be in Brussels, Belgium from Thursday April 20 through Monday April 24.

I was planning on living with a friend, but bow it seems I won't.

This means even more free time for beer and trying to find a place to spend my nights :D

I'll meet up with Quark for sure, don't know exactly which day(s) part from we'll probably meet on Thursday.

Anyone else in or around Brussels at that time.

Anyone have any ideas on cheap, safe and clean accomodations?
(pretty much in that order of priority)

Voor de NL-taligen, 21 maart is goede vrijdag.

@Gnoff, see my mail, but I haven't looked yet if you send a reply.

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
We've stayed in Brussels twice and have LOVED this hotel (you may already have a place to stay but just in case)

http://www.hotel-mozart.be/

Don't let that beautiful Mozart concerto fool you. :) It's a great price, nice atmosphere, and a very short walk to Grand Place.

Thanks for the info, but 80 Euro for a single room is a bit more than I hoped to find a place for.

I've heard this place is rather central and it looks very cheap:
http://www.sleepwell.be/en/prices.html

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
There is a youth hostel near the Chapelle (www.vjh.be Vlaamse Jeugdherbergcentrale = Dutch speaking) (near the Kapellerkerk/Chapelle station).
The address:
Brussel
'Bruegel'
Heilige Geeststraat/Rue de St. Espit 2
B 1000 Brussel/Bruxelles
T: +32(0)2 511 04 36
F: +32 (0)2 512 07 11
E-mail brussel@vjh.be
Apparently they don't have an "own" site like Jacques Brel (see below)

"Jacques Brel" near the subway station Madou* (http://www.laj.be/html/en/hostels/brel/aubergesbrel_en01.htm)

There is also one at 15 minutes from the Grand Place/Grote Markt.
(http://www.laj.be/html/en/hostels/europe/aubergeseurope_en01.htm)
Both are French speaking hostels but all do speak English.

*(for Madou, a direct link to Brussels Midi/South, but NOT to Central, it requires a change in Arts-Loi/Kunst-Wet (Central) or Rogier (North & South/Midi station)

@Gnoff, if you decide to leave during the weekend, look for the cheapest possible rate for travelling within Brussels at www.stib.be or www.mivb.be (I hope there is an English version available, but I guess it does.) These sites are both from the Brussels public transport company. (depending the language, as everything is in Brussels ;))

I will bring you back to Brussels (if I can)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
@Gnoff, if you decide to leave during the weekend, look for the cheapest possible rate for travelling within Brussels at www.stib.be or www.mivb.be (I hope there is an English version available, but I guess it does.) These sites are both from the Brussels public transport company. (depending the language, as everything is in Brussels ;))

I will bring you back to Brussels (if I can)

Thanks Quark, I'll look further into those linka when at thome from work :)

we'll keep in contact via mail also :)